Chapter 37-Unparalleled Ability

Percy whipped his arms down sharply, in a launching motion. Before him, icicles formed, being thrusted at the army upon full creation. They seemed to be spawning by the hundreds, each razor sharp and completely solid as the flew at insane speeds. Upon piercing a monster, the creature would disintegrate in a second, no matter how direct the contact. In no time at all, half the monsters were gone, and miraculously no animals were hit. One could only theorize how Percy was so accurate. 

Raising Riptide to the sky, he chanted a few words, incomprehensible to most. The tongue of the wild. Soon after he stopped, all the animals present, save for the Goddess of Wolves, Lupa, turned tail and ran back to the forest they had come from. He almost chuckled as some of the smaller ones darted along in their own way, stifling his amusement and focusing on what lay ahead. "Hunters! Attack!" He spoke into the air, his voice somehow reverberating all across the battlefield. At that acknowledgement, the previously rigid hunt snapped to attention, releasing arrows with a newfound drive, another new surge of energy. Similarly, Zoe pulled out her bow and began firing at full speed, attempting to keep up with the goddess near her. It was a losing battle, but she kept trying regardless. Reyna remained in combat with her four former allies, keeping up even after the brief pause threw off her composure. Somehow, she started putting them on the defensive, nearly disarming Piper in one quick stroke. She more than outmatched them all. 

The war was now in their favor. 

Of course, it was not over by any means, not yet. 

A deep bellow of irritation shook the ground, nearly tripping some of those present. It gave Reyna enough of an opening to actually kick Hazel's heavy spatha out of the girls' hand.

"ENOUGH!" A screech rang out, less masculine than the previous sound. In a millisecond, a massive tendril of shadow bolted upwards, targeting the newly freed demigod. It was the fastest motion any of them had seen yet, almost as quick as Reyna's swordplay. It seemed perfectly aimed as well. No demigod would be able to dodge it. 

Everyone paled, knowing the unavoidable was about to happen. Percy, turned on his own friends. It would mark the end. 

Well, not everyone was so concerned it seemed. 

Artemis merely laughed aloud as the tentacle neared connection. 

The shadow wrapped out Percy's ankle, and some held their breaths as they awaited the steady spread of the shade.  

Nothing changed. 

The Son of Poseidon looked down, as if mildly disconcerted by something. Leaning over, he smacked the offshoot with his bare hand, uncaring. As if it had been repelled, the darkness shied away, sinking to the ground. Percy wasn't done though. 

Reaching out his free hand, he vanished into mist, reappearing on the ground, grasping the darkness before it could fall all the way back to the dirt. He lunged with his sword, piercing it cleanly in the middle, before twisting it and tossing the darkness to the side. The tentacle phased out of existence, and a roar of pain could be heard, along with some mumbled insults of some kind. 

Percy grinned savagely, before bolting forward at an insane speed. But his target this time wasn't Erebus, nor any monsters. Instead, he suddenly had four disarmed demigods, cloaked in shadow, pinned to the ground by one sword. Riptide glowed bright green, blinding everyone present for a moment before the color died down. When it was dim again, the four heroes were unconscious, their faces rid of any discoloration. The rest of their bodies remained the same. Percy turned towards Reyna.

"Take these four, and everyone else. A battle is coming that you'll have to leave to me and our present goddess." He spoke with certainty, demanding obedience. Reyna opened her mouth to protest, but Percy would not accept this. "Go and do not argue. I'll force you if I need to." His voice was amplified on a different scale than before, and a deep humming could be heard deep in his throat. Reyna seemed to wilt a little, before lowering her head in acceptance. She quickly waved two people over, before slinging Annabeth and Hazel over her shoulders. She began to run away.