Chapter 38- Victor

Percy leapt forth, sword extended, before disappearing mid swing. Nyx panicked and spun around, before a splitting sensation tore into her stomach. Her shadowed form had been cleanly cut. Eyes widening, she sunk into the ground, not reappearing until she could locate her prey.

No way would he let such a thing go. Appearing above the goddess, Percy stabbed downward, whispering to himself. His blade lit up brightly for just a second, long enough to do as he intended. A shrill screech proved his efforts not to be in vain. Nyx reappeared nearby, the shadowy essence she seemed to carry having shrunk. It was still plentiful, but less than before without a doubt.

Percy, who was masking his aura, stood in plain sight. Knowing his maximum power could not be sheltered for long without consequence, he channeled his will into his blade. Unveiling himself, he returned Riptide to pen form, before grasping his bow. It had been out of use for some time.

Nyx became a blur of motion, appearing before him, already lunging. He didn't bother dodging, she was no doubt anticipating it. Side stepping enough that her strike would miss his heart, he prepared to shoot at his target.

Nearby, Artemis fought Erebus, who had maintained a solid form. He was confident as they dueled, self assured. His power was beyond the silver goddess. As nimble as she was, eventually she'd fall.

They had been going back and forth for a while, and she'd managed to strike him a number of times, able to move much quicker than he had anticipated.

One of her daggers had managed to pierce his chest cleanly at some point, causing pain he hadn't felt in ages. That was the last straw.

Bellowing in anger, he commanded the darkness to obey his will. Standing still, focused entirely on slaying this pesky goddess, a wave of tentacles surged forward ensnaring the goddess who was mid charge. In a moment of desperation, she threw one of her daggers at Erebus while he stood still, hoping to finish him off before she was too late.

But, all for naught.

The dagger connected, but not lethally. It found itself impaled in his shoulder, as the Goddess of Archery failed, for the first time since Perseus, to hit her target.

Thus, Erebus took hold of his enemy, lifting her high into the air where she was entirely hopeless. Gritting his teeth in pain, he began to squeeze, eliciting a pained cry from the opposition.

Artemis was on the verge of blacking out, but used everything she had to turn and face her companion. She wanted to know her death, whether she would reincarnate or not, had been worth something.

Barely succeeding, she observed in her pain-ridden state as Percy stood still. A mass of shadow appeared to be standing before him, but Artemis doubted whether or not she was seeing things. Besides, it seemed like the demigod has his bow out and eyes closed. It made no sense.

Submitting to the agony, Artemis shut her own eyes, hoping against hope that Percy would still win. He was powerful, more than she could ever be herself. Some of the noises she'd heard mid-fight must have come from him. They seemed charged with ability.

Head lolling to the side, the pressure increased as her ichor could not longer flow. Soon bones would snap.

Then, without warning, she was released.

Falling to the ground with spots in her eyes, Artemis quickly reconnected to the world, the crushing feeling having vanished immediately. Painfully, she stood, wobbling as she did so, unable to quite process why she was free. Blinking rapidly, she turned toward where Erebus stood, before freezing.

An arrow was embedded in the primordials head, so deep she could only see the end of the fletching. It glowed with a sea green light, leading to only one suspect for the occurrence. Without a doubt, Erebus was dead. Unmoving, Artemis believed his body was slowly fading into mist, like it had never existed. It was a weight off her mind.