𝐕 • ❝𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 • 𝐕|| ❝𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧❞

> 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

𝐒 𝐄 𝐑 𝐄 𝐍 𝐀 • 𝐑 𝐔 𝐒 𝐒 𝐎

The figure was wearing all black. I tried to squint and figure out who this person was, but I can't put my finger on it, my mind was blury and I couldn't add up any lines.

"Someone's following us." I exclaim and look back behind us and realise that the car is moving closer, I message my father to let him know and Maria begins to panic.

"Deep breaths Maria, it'll be okay." I rub her shoulder and try and support her, she's very emotional and this incident isn't helping at all. Especially with her pregnancy.

I feel a vibration in my pocket and see Nicolas' name pop up, I answer the call and he asks me to describe the car, I describe the car and he's hacked into the camera system and can see there are three people in the car behind us.

"Get down!" Nicolas shouts down the phone and we all get down, I push Maria down to help protect her, I force my body over hers so her and the baby are protected but everything went dark. Everything stopped.

"For fuck sake." I hear my brother complain and I opened my eyes, the familiar bedsheets cover me and smell just like me, I'm in my bed once again.

I feel the sudden ache in my shoulder, my brother is sitting at the edge of my bed and it all suddenly feels like Déjà vu.

"You've missed a shot Serena but it's still caught you, can you try and stay calm, you can't move it much." I look at him with wide eyes, I was shot?

"I had to protect Maria and the baby." I look down and tears fill my eyes and then panic strikes. Oh my god. Maria and the baby. My anxiety rushed around through my veins and my body goes into panic mode.

"Maria and the baby! Are they okay?!" I bolt up and hurt my shoulder in the process, Nicolas lays me back down and nods.

"There could've been a lot of complications if it wasn't for you." He looks at me and smiles, he leans forward and hugs me.

"You're her hero Serena." Her hero the words replayed in my mind, this is why I should join the mafia, I've saved complications happening to my brothers girlfriend and their baby, I protected them.

I smile and give him a hug goodbye.

"I'll leave you to rest." I nod and he leaves, I close my eyes and fall asleep once again.

I dreamt about saving Maria and her baby's life, anything could've happened if I wasn't in that car with them, she could've lost the baby or anything.