003

"I'm not entirely here Half of me had disappeared"

Vincent Hacker
~irl~

"If you don't go to school i will pull you out of that damn baseball team Vinnie i'm not even threatening this time, I will do it" My fathers voice woke me up.

There's some things you don't want to start your day with. In my case i don't want to start the day anywhere near him. Especially not with him coming into my room at six in the fucking morning to wake me up and starting with baseball.

Instead of responding i just grabbed my pillow and covered my face. "If you're not awake in ten seconds i will take your phone"

"I am awake i'm just not up"

"Okay then get up"

"Okay then can you walk out so i can get ready?" I rolled my eyes. Thankfully the pillow was covering my eyes because if he saw then he'd slap me.

"I want you down and ready by 6:50 not a single second after" And he walked out not closing the door fully behind him.

I groaned into the pillow then put it to the side before sitting up and grabbing my phone to check the time. 6:34 am

Fuck. I usually shower every morning and that takes 30 minutes itself. He usually doesn't care if i'm late but he's just pissy because i got home late from being with Lacey or whatever the fuck her name is. I got home at 11 when i was supposed to be home at 9.

To be honest i don't care about anything my dad says, i just put up with it because in five months i'll be leaving this house to live in the apartment i got with Stephen and some other guys for college. I've put up with being in this house solely for my brother who i wouldn't want to go through what i've gone through with this man.

And also because if i were to leave this house to live with my mom who knows what he'd do to hurt my mom.

Just five more months. Just until graduation.

I got up and went straight to the bathroom to do my business and took a very quick shower before getting dressed. I finished getting ready at 6:49 leaving only a minute to get downstairs.

I was planning on testing him but just decided on not doing that. I quickly walked down the stairs while looking at the time on my phone. I in fact made it to the floor right in front of the steps a second before 6:50.

"Vincen-"

"I've been standing in front of the stairs" I kind of lied as i walked towards the kitchen where he sat with his wife. "Good morning Lucille"

"Good morning Vinnie" She smiled at me, "It's barely 6:50 why are you down here already?"

"Um my dad is just in a bad mood with me" She gave me a sympathetic smile.

I honestly really like Lucille. She's such a great person, she's really caring towards Reg and I, and obviously caring towards Fin who is her biological son. I feel bad that she ended up with someone like my father, she deserves better

"You have a curfew and you broke it, i'm teaching you responsibility"

"By threatening to take me out of the schools baseball team? Wow such great responsibility you're teaching"

"That's exactly how" He spoke in a tone letting me know he's actually enjoying this, "Now will you ever get home two hours late?"

"Probably" I said truthfully, "But i pay bills around here too so if you'd like me to get home on time maybe i'll just stop working"

"You stop working and you're out of my house" My father spoke

"Your house?" I laughed "Isn't Lucille's name on the title?" I'm so sick of him.

"You know nothing about the title" He's only saying that because i said the truth. This house isn't his it's his wife's. He pays small bills while she's paying off the mortgage of the house. Maybe they agreed to it but regardless this house is Lucille's.

"Really?"

"Okay that's enough" My step mother cut in. "Nathan go to work, you are working in a city you don't know i think you should get going before you're late."

Instead of saying anything back to me my father walked to his wife and kissed her goodbye then walked out the door thankfully.

"Thank you" I looked at Lucille who just nodded. "Are Fin and Reg up?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Fin is getting ready and Reggie i'm not sure"

"I'll go check" I walked back upstairs to Reggie's room and knocked. "Reg!" He opened the door to reveal his barely woken state. He's in his shorts and a shirt he wouldn't take to school. "Why aren't you dressed"

"I'm not going" I narrowed my eyes at him, "I don't feel good"

"And Nathan knows?" He nods, "Whatever, im leaving in a little"

"Okay, see you later" I turned and walked to my room. I am so done with this house. I sigh, throwing myself on my bed.

I turned to my side and was met with a framed picture of me and my mom. She is who i aspire to be like, not my father. My mother is they strongest person i know and i wish i could just be with her right now.

I see her every other weekend but it's not enough. I'm missing out on watching my little sister grow, i'm missing out on having a strong relationship with my stepdad and i'm missing out on living with the woman who birthed me.

I miss my mom but i'm so glad she's away from my father. She deserves to be away from him but i know it kills her to not have her two sons with her. I've always wanted to live with her instead but he won the custody battle.

Only god knows why, he didn't even want us to begin with. Him fighting to keep Reggie and I was just a way of him hurting my mom once again. He didn't think hurting her for years was enough so he did something that'd hurt her the most. He took her sons away.

So yeah, i'd never want to be like my father.