009

"You're the star i look for every night When it's dark you'll stick right by my side"

When it's dark you'll stick right by my side"

Vincent Hacker
~irl~

I may be one of the best baseball players in Washington but fuck, running after a little kid is hard work.

I've been chasing Sophia for the past fifteen minutes because she wants to play tag. So obviously that's what i'm doing. But this girl does not look tired in the slightest, does not look like she's gonna stop running any time soon.

Me on the other hand... i have enough running during the week so i would rather be playing with a tea set than playing tag. I am a good brother though so i will continue playing tag if it makes her happy.

"Come on Vin you aren't very good at this" Sophie giggles, stopping me from running after her, "You're slow, be faster"

"Soph" I called her name to get her attention. When her eyes were on me i spoke, "Tag you're it!" I yelled, tapping her shoulder and running from her.

"The game was already over" She states sassily, "Plus that's cheating, you distracted me" Her eyes rolled, "You're no fun"

"I'm no fun?" I gasp dramatically, "Fine i'm leaving and going to my other baby sister who thinks i'm fun" I huffed, crossing my arms together over my chest like a child and turning to walk away. "You hurt my feelings Sophia"

"My name is Soph to you Vin"

"And mine is Vinnie to you" I was peaking at her over my shoulder, "Only nice sisters can call me Vin"

"Fine i'm sorry, you are fun and i'm nice" She didn't mean that apology one bit but i'll let it slide since she didn't actually hurt my feelings.

"You promise?" I turned to see her fully

"I promise" She smiles at me, her only dimple popping out on her left cheek.

"Okay you can call me Vin" I lowered myself to let her hug me, "You're my only little sister" I admit when she wraps her little arms around me.

"I know silly" She giggles

Sophia is four years old, and she's also the smartest four year old i've met. She looks exactly like my mom but with her dads eyes and dimple. She also got his hair color and style which means she's a curly headed brunette and not a blonde like i was. Her eyes are a dark shade of brown, darker than mine.

She looks like Reggie when he was her age except for the features she carries belonging to her dad.

Sophia is the most beautiful girl and i mean it with everything in me. My little sister is beautiful and anyone who doesn't agree is lying.

"Do you want ice cream?" I offer Soph who nods her head and smiles, running inside the house with me walking after her.

Immediately when i walked in i was met with the sound of a crying baby, my crying baby. My mom was watching Azzie for me while i was with Soph, i should probably get her off her hands now. I walked to where the crying was coming from and saw my mom trying to stop the crying.

"Hey Vin, she just started crying"

"I think it's her diaper" I shrugged, "Do you want me to take her?"

"No it's okay, gives me practice for when you have a baby of your own" I laughed loudly

"Mom that won't be until after college" She smiled

"I'm so glad you have your priorities" I nodded, "But i still need my practice"

She put Azzie down and checked the toys diaper. I don't get how to know when a diaper is full but i just switch it to the other one when i feel it's the reason why she's crying. That's way easier than spending a long time trying to figure out what's wrong.

"Okay i'm gonna go give Soph ice cream" She nodded, I walked out and into the kitchen where Sophia was patiently waiting on one of the chairs from the dining table.

"You take forever Vin, i almost fell asleep" I laughed, "Can i have sprinkles on mine?"

"No" I joked but she saw right through that, "Yes Soph you'll get sprinkles, what else do you want?"

I took the tub of ice cream out of the freezer before going to the cabinet and taking two bowls out for us.

"Whipped cream" She spoke up again, "And a cherry"

"So a sundae?" She nods, "Wanna make it a banana split?" I asked when i saw the bananas lying on the counter. Sophia's eyes lit up as she nodded, "Okay Soph i need your help"

She got up from the chair when i walked to her. I grabbed the chair and dragged it to where i had everything on the counter. I let her stand on there and while i scooped ice cream, she opened the bananas placing them in the bowls. When i put the ice cream on there, we started with the toppings.

"Can we add cookies?"

"Sure if you want cavities"

"Cavi what?" She asked making me shake my head with a smile. She knows what cavities are

"Okay what cookies do you want Soph?"

"Chocolate chip" She pointed at the pantry. I opened the door and got out some soft baked cookies from a glass jar. "They're so good"

I think Sophia knows that while i'm around, she'll get whatever she asks me for. Soph is my weak spot, my mom and stepdad brought her into my life when i needed her. She was born exactly when i needed something good in my life.

Her and Reggie are the reasons i'm still here.