010

"Money is the reason we existEverybody knows it, it's a fact Kiss kiss"

Everybody knows it, it's a fact
Kiss kiss"

Noelle Devora
~irl~

I have always looked forward to Sundays. Sundays are Devora days.

That's the only day of the week where my family spends time together because my parents don't work and there's no school. Sundays are my safe space.

As much as i love being with my friends, i love being with my family. Even when i sleep over at one of the girls houses, i make my way home early to spend the day with my parents. It's been this way since i started going to school.

It was different when i was younger because it would be my parents, my brother and i. Now it's just me and my parents because Justin is in California.

Our Sundays have changed drastically since he left but i actually enjoy being spoiled by my parents. Because it's only me living at home with them, we do what i want. If i want to go to hiking, we go hiking; if i want chinese food, we eat chinese food.

If Justin were here, we'd have to agree on something but now whatever i say goes.

I miss my brother but i'm living life as an only child here.

And that explains why i'm standing between my parents at an animal shelter. We aren't getting a pet since no one is really home but i told them i wanted to visit animals. My mom was hesitant at first but dad told convinced her for me.

"Te compro una culebra?" My dad asked, watching the dogs run in their fenced areas. (Do i buy you a snake?)

"No me gustan" I responded, "Tu quieres una?" (I don't like them; do you want one?)

"No, nomas te pregunto" He smiled, "Nadamas vamos a estar aquí mirando a los perros?" (No i'm just asking; we're just staying here looking at the dogs?)

"No, puedes entrar con ellos si quieres" My mom spoke up, looking at him. "Le digo a la señora?" (No you can enter with them if you want; do i ask the lady?)

"No mi amor, aquí estoy bien" I laughed. (no my love i'm good right here)

My dad has a fear of big dogs. And they're the ones we're currently standing in front of.

"Quiero un pato" I looked at my dad who scoffed and shook his head, "Podemos ir a ver los gatos?" (I want a duck; can we go see the cats)

"Si mi reina" Dad spoke happily, being the first to walk away from the big dogs, "Mira que bonita" He had his eyes on a ginger cat who was licking its paw. (Yes my queen; look how pretty)

"Ay si esta muy bonita esta gata" Mom agreed when she got to where dad was. (This cat is very pretty)

We ended up staying with the ginger cat for a while before deciding it was time to go. My parents both wanted to eat so we came to eat lunch at a diner that was near the animal shelter.

We were seated in a smaller booth, me next to my mom and my dad across from us. I was sitting next to the window so i could watch the rain.

"Can i get you guys started with drinks?" The voice interrupted me, not even realizing a waiter came to the table. He was an older man, maybe in his sixties, with brown hair mixed with a lot of gray ones. He looks like the sweetest man.

He took my moms drink order first, then she told him my dads since he has slight social anxiety. I finally got to order myself an iced tea before he walked away.

My father can talk to literally anyone, as long as he's known them for years or they start the conversation. But when it comes to ordering stuff, my mom and i have his back. Usually it would've been Justin but he's not here so we took over.

This only happens if the person speaks english though. If whoever he needs to talk to speaks spanish then he's fine.

I started looking through the menu to figure out what i'll order. But in the corner of my eye i saw people walking past the window. I don't know why i noticed these people walk and not everyone else but when i looked up, my eyes met with those of the man who has a clear distaste for me.

He was holding hands with a younger girl, she looks to be around five or maybe younger. Reggie was behind him with an older man who i assume is their mothers husband since she's there too.

Vinnies eyes were piercing into my fucking head. So much hate in them and i haven't even said a single word to him since the day he told me i better not make him fail. Ever since then we switch off Azzie but we don't speak. I usually try to stay quiet in that class to avoid him talking to me but i do make small talk with Jordan and Stephen from time to time.

"An iced tea" The waiters voice brought me out of the trance i was in once again. He set my drink in front of me then my dads im front of him.

"Thank you" I smiled at the older man

"Are you guys ready to order? Or would you like more time?" He asked. My mom asked my dad who was ready to order. She told the waiter, who's name i know as Phil, my dads order and her own. I was last to give my order as usual, but i don't mind.

When Phil walked away i was trying to start a conversation with my mom but the sound of a baby crying stopped me. I recognized the baby, it's not an actual baby, it's my baby.

The cry was getting louder and that's when the woman, who i assume is Vinnies mom, walked past our table carrying the car seat we were given with Azzie. Reggie smiled at me when he walked by, the older man behind him with the little girl and Vinnie way behind them.

He made no attempt to look at me, not that i cared but it was interesting to see how much he really doesn't like me. I don't care about him but i'm the only one with a good reason to hate him, there's no actual reason for him to hate me.

This man is so infuriating and i hate him so much