011

"Some people like the way it feels, some people wanna kill their sorrows"

Vincent Hacker
~irl~

"Mommy i'm hungry" Sophie went to our mom who simply nodded before going to the pantry to find something. "I want a burger"

I laughed, "Soph where are you gonna get a burger from?" I asked her and saw her narrow her eyes at me, "Okay Sophia that's a great place for a burger"

"You're not funny" I gasped at words, genuinely shocked.

"Sophia be nice" My mom spoke up, "He is funny"

"Funny looking" She laughed

"Sophia what is up with you today" I laughed, "I was gonna take you to get a burger but now i'm just gonna let mom make you a sandwich" I shrugged, "Because i'm funny looking"

"You are, but i want a burger" I smiled, "Can you still get me one? Pretty please Vin?"

Walking into the diner, i am dreading being here now. On my way to the door i walked past the window and the one window i decide to look into is the one where Noelle is at with her parents. And of course she had to look up when i looked at her.

But as if things couldn't get worse, Sophia and Reggie chose the booth behind their smaller one. Ours was bigger with much more space for us to fit. The only thing i'm thankful for in this moment is that the only seat that was left was one facing away from their booth. Basically back to back with the girl but i don't mind as long as i don't have to see her again.

I could hear their conversation but it was all in Spanish so i didn't understand a single thing except for gracias which is thank you.

"Here take your baby" My mom handed me Azzie, who was swaddled in her blanket. "Did you admit to a college already?" She asked

I nodded, "U dub" I responded, "A scout went to school during a practice and they offered me a spot so i took it" This happened a few weeks ago, they offered me and three other guys a spot.

I'm just happy Steph was one of them.

"So you're for sure going there?" Santi asked to which i simply nodded, "That's amazing Vin, we are so proud of you" A smile formed on my face.

"Thank you guys"

Santiago may not be my biological father but he is more of my dad than the one i live with and share half my dna with. And i would much rather call him dad than anyone else.

"What are your living arrangements?" Santiago asked curiously, "It might not be as cool as dorming with people your age but you are welcome to live at the house with us, the door is always open to you." He smiled, "You too Reg"

"Thank you Santi, i appreciate it so much" I said genuinely, "I would take you up on that offer but me and some guys are renting a house nearby. It's actually close to the house but closer to the university. It's this years freshmen's baseball house, they're moving to a bigger one soon and it's always been a baseball house so it's part of the offer from the scout"

"So when do you guys move in?" This time it was my mom asking.

"Summer" I state, "Just so we won't have to be stressing about moving right before the semester starts" She nods.

Eating at the diner was actually better than i expected. Being around my family made me forget about the person sitting at the booth behind ours.

I completely forgot she was here... until we were leaving and my mom parents started talking to hers. Reggie and Sophia were also talking to Noelle so i just stood behind them awkwardly holding the baby carrier that had Azeniah in.

"You're pretty" I heard Sophia compliment Noelle, making me roll my eyes. "I like your hair"

"I like your hair too" She smiled at my sister, "It's very pretty and you are also pretty Sophia"

I glared at the older girl

We were all outside of the diner in the parking lot. Our parents were walking ahead of us and when Sophia saw my mom walk away, her and Reggie started walking. So now it's me with Noelle.

"Why do you keep making faces at me you obsessed fuck" She finally speaks to me.

"Don't flatter yourself" I shrug, "I just don't like you and my sister talking"

"Why? She's gonna tell me all your secrets?" Noelle laughed, "You don't flatter yourself Vincent, you aren't important to me. Don't worry i won't go around to people you know and ask about you"

"Good cause if you do i'll make sure you regret it"

"Aw that's cute, save that threat for your pillow because frankly? You don't scare me, you have more on the line than i do so pick and choose your battles wisely" And with that, Noelle walks away from me to her parents car.

I walked to my family shortly after. My siblings waiting inside already while my mom talks to Noelles mom about something i don't care enough about to eavesdrop.

"Why do you give her such a hard time Vin?" Reggie asked once i buckled my seat belt. "From what i know, you are the one who did her dirty. Not the other way around"

"Don't listen to everything you hear Reg, it's not always accurate"

Noelle and I do have quite a history. We met way before any of us even met Finley. I knew her while my parents were still together.

Some might even say we were friends as kids but now we aren't. Wouldn't dream of it to be honest.

But we have a different type of past too. I will admit, i am partly to blame for whatever happened between us but it's also on her. She can not put the entire blame on me like she's been doing since then.

She started hating me so i started hating her even more.