008

"Now my life is sweet like cinnamonLike a fuckin' dream i'm livin' in"

Like a fuckin' dream i'm livin' in"

Noelle Devora
~irl~

I am actually so happy at this point in time. I have no worries in my mind right now, absolutely nothing is getting in the way of me being at peace.

I basically have the weekend to do nothing. I have no fake baby to take care of, i have nothing to clean, no plans, and no annoying people to deal with for an entire two days.

I woke up with a smile on my face this afternoon. I wasn't woken up in the middle of the night by crying or yelling, i wasn't woken up by my parents asking me to clean something around the house, and i wasn't woken up with homework on my mind.

I woke up at eleven am, well rested and ready to start my Saturday. My house is clean, i stayed up a bit late to finish any homework i had so i can spend the next two hours getting ready and doing whatever until 3:30 pm.

My mom asked me if i want to meet her at the firm so i can sign up for a summer internship with her and her business partner. I'm going to be there with people my age who also want to become lawyers, we're going to be learning basic stuff today.

Toby was asked by his mom to intern too but he's not into that. He'd rather be at home playing video games.

So i asked Brielle to go with me instead and sign up since she's the least busy and more into helping people.

I got out of the shower a couple minutes ago but i've been trying to decide on an outfit since then. I just don't want to be underdressed and also don't want to look like i'm trying too hard. So i'm leaning towards the second outfit laying on my bed.

I put the other two outfits away and just get dressed in the black shirt sleeve body suit and khaki slacks. I paired the outfit with black heels and some gold bracelets that belong to my mom but i took. I then put on light makeup and styled my hair by drying it then doing some loose curls.

By the time i was done i only had enough time for a quick meal before having to start driving to my moms office. It's around thirty- fourty minutes away depending on traffic so i only made a sandwich.

I still have to pick Bri up from her house so i grabbed my bag after eating and headed out the door with my keys and phone in hand.

-

"Hey you guys made it!" My mom whisper yelled at me and Bri.

"Yeah ten minutes early" I smiled at her, "That's a win if i do say so myself"

"Okay Elle and Bri let's go get your badges" She walked us to a tech room where i assume we get the badges. "You're gonna get a picture taken and it's basically an id for being here, it's gonna take five minutes" We both nodded.

We got a picture taken like how it's done for our school ids by a nice older man who was making conversation with us while working on our ids.

He finished Brielle's badge first and it was literally a school id except this only had the firm logo up top, her picture in the middle with her first and last name underneath and the word intern printed in smaller letters. The bottom had her id number. I got my id a couple minutes later and then we went back to my moms office to meet everyone else.

There was Toby's mom waiting for us with three guys and a girl. We did introductions first and then my mom and Jamie (Toby's mom) began explaining basic stuff about the internship to us.

We are all here because we are for sure interns but we aren't starting yet. We're getting to know the office, the people who work here and what gets done around here.

"Noelle and Joey you're with me today" Jamie called us over so i walked with a guy who was about an inch taller than me to her. "We're gonna organize files and documents today, the next time you guys are here i'll show you how to organize the evidence"

I nodded and we both followed her to her office space. It was big, the same size as my moms but hers has more pictures up on the desk.

"You guys will be working together" She states while getting a box from a closet in her office, "We couldn't have you and Brielle working together because you guys mess around a lot" She was looking at me

"No it's okay"

"You guys introduced yourselves right?"

"During the introductions" Joey spoke up, "But i'm Joey in case you didn't know" He took his hand out and had it in front of me to shake,

"I'm Noelle" I shook his hand, smiling at him.

"You're Julia's daughter?" I nodded, "You look just like her, you're both so pretty"

"Thank you, i'll let her know" I chuckled

Joey is a really good looking guy, his hair is a nice type of messy and it's straight. It's a dark brown color. His eyes are dark brown like his hair.

Jamie showed us exactly how she wanted to fix the files then left us by ourselves to do so. Joey and i ended up talking about school and what brought us here. I found out Joey is doing this to get a good job at the firm and help his family with their money problems.

He also told me that his girlfriend is actually Brielle's partner. So that's pretty fun. Her name is Gracie and according to Joey, she is an angel.

Sitting across from Gracie and Joey right now, I can't help but notice how much they actually love each other. Not like those couples who act happy but you can see their genuine happiness for each other.

And she truly is an angel. There are girls who right off the bat you get a sense that they're fake and snakey but that's not the case with her. They are the real life Stiles and Lydia, in their peak.

Joey has loved Gracie since forever, even when she was in a relationship with someone else. He was there through all her problems. He danced with her when her boyfriend left her at a dance.

I would kill to have even a fraction of what they have someday.