13.

Sarah pounds on the front door and Jackson pulls it open. She glares at him and declares "vampire."

Jackson nods and responds simply "witch."

Sarah pushes past him and paces around the lounge.

"Where is my friend? Did you mind control her? I know you can do that. Is that why you've been in her dreams? I saw you!"

Jackson gestures to the couch and Sarah looks at it then crosses her hands over her chest. Jackson sighs and sits down with Sarah glaring down at him.

"I didn't 'mind-control' Naomi. She carries the vampire gene. Which is probably why you two were drawn to each other in the first place. She's in the shower. You might as well sit. I need to go check on Raurlin."

Sarah points a finger at Jackson and he sits back down.

"You are not going anywhere. Not until I see Naomi and I know she's okay."

Jackson shrugs and folds his hands across his chest. Naomi opens the shower and walks quickly into Raurlin's room. If she was going to leave with Sarah she needed to make sure that he is alright.

The drip with her blood is running through his hand and the colour is slowly returning to his face. Naomi smiles and walks over to him. Unable to stop herself she gently cups her hand against his cheek then kisses his forehead.

She forces herself out the room, shutting the door slightly. She walks down the passage to where Sarah is standing over Jackson. Her arms crossed tightly and a fierce look on her face.

She looks up at Naomi and a look of relief rushes over her. She rushes to Naomi and pulls her into a tight hug then pulls back and snacks her hard on her upper arm.

"Naomi I cannot believe you have been keeping this from me! I'm so mad at you!

"How did you find me?"

"I followed your location after I'm pretty sure I accidentally linked myself to your dream. But that's besides the point. How long have you been hiding this from me?"

Naomi eases onto the couch feeling weak. Jackson walks to the kitchen and returns with a glass of juice and a chicken sandwich. He hands it to Naomi and she starts eating it immediately.

"Sarah, can I get you anything?"

"No! You have done enough Jackson...if that's even your real name!"

Jackson sits down beside Naomi. From Raurlin's room he can hear his heartbeat get stronger. He settles slightly amused at the prospect of Raurlin waking to the commotion.

"What are you doing here Naomi? How long have you been hiding this from me?"

"Too long Sarah and I'm sorry. I thought they were just dreams. You know how my dreams get. I didn't take it seriously until tonight."

"How did you get here?"

"I walked I guess. It feels like a blur. I just knew I had to be here. Jackson says Raurlin is my soulmate."

"Since when do we just listen to Jackson?"

"Since I somehow knew how to get here. Since Raurlin was dying and since my blood is healing him."

Sarah is silent a moment. She turns to Jackson.

"So you know about me?"

"Yes."

"How did you know?"

"I felt it when we kissed. I haven't felt that ancient Magick in many years. You didn't seem to know though and I was curious. I'm sorry I entered your home under false pretence."