22.

Naomi puts her earphones in then slides her phone into her back pocket. There's an upbeat pop playlist playing. She spent the day cleaning the apartment and working ahead with her school work. Naomi knew that she had a lot of questions for Raurlin, she wanted to make sure that when they were together their time was uninterrupted. She wanted to learn as much as possible.

She spoke briefly with Sarah, who was exhausted from the current events that took them both by storm. Jackson picked her up and dropped her off at her apartment. Sarah called Naomi once she was alone and the two of them were able to catch up. Sarah filled Naomi in on the magick practice she and Jackson had undergone. It drained her completely. She told Naomi she had intended to focus on more 'natural practice' but was thankful that Jackson had taught her nonetheless.

Naomi digs through the kitchen cupboard until she finds a frying pan and pot. She had spotted steak in the fridge earlier and decided she would cook for Raurlin. There was a part of her, arguably a large part, that wanted to impress him. Naomi always considered herself a good cook. She taught herself and felt she always had a knack for it. She was surprised that she hadn't heard from Raurlin the whole day but figured the official business of the king was quite serious.

Naomi pours spaghetti into the pot after filling it with water and waiting for it to boil. She chops up tomatoes on a chopping board and then peels garlic. Then loosely chops up a sprig of rosemary and basil leaves. Naomi was surprised at the amount of food in the fridge, another question to be added to the list.

The front door opens but Naomi doesn't hear it. She dances slightly to the music in her ears as she cuts the vegetables and herbs. Raurlin can hear the music, her heartbeat and he can smell the food at the door. Grieving worked up an appetite he wasn't anticipating and she's grateful that Naomi is cooking. He walks to the kitchen and sits on a stool, leaning across the counter top.

Naomi can feel the change in the atmosphere now that Raurlin is home. Her heartbeat quickens and Raurlin smiles. Naomi smiles too but chooses to ignore him, focusing on her cooking. Jackson is next through the front door. He wanted to make sure that Raurlin was okay before going back to Sarah. I also felt the need to put some distance between himself and Sarah. He watches Naomi and Raurlin with a small smile before settling into the lounge.

She drains the spaghetti, smiling at Raurlin unable to help herself. He looks tired. Sad almost. Naomi can feel the slight tinge of sadness in her chest and she frowns. Raurlin winks at her and taps at her earphone signalling for her to take them out. She shakes her head and says loudly over the music "I know you can hear the music. Come dance with me." She does a little shimmy as she walks back to the stove. Raurlin chuckles.

Naomi sets the pot down on a cold plate and turns to Raurlin all the while dancing. Raurlin listens to the song, something about mopeds. It's ridiculous but catchy. Naomi dances to where he is sitting and holds her hands out. Raurlin takes her hands into his and she immediately pulls him to his feet. She eyes Jackson and says loudly "get over here!" Jackson is on his feet with no hesitation. He starts dancing beside Naomi, singing along to the ridiculous song.

Raurlin is standing awkwardly until he gives in and twirls Naomi then wraps an arm around her and joins in on the random kitchen festivity. He finds himself singing along too and laughing. Jackson takes hold of Naomi's hand and they do a little waltz. It's offbeat and sloppy but it's hilarious. Raurlin can't hold back his smile but he fights back the tears threatening to run. The song comes to an end and he pulls Naomi into a hug. Jackson chuckles and walks out the kitchen. After a few seconds Raurlin can hear the shower running. Naomi pulls back with a bright smile. Some of her has escaped from the tight bun atop her head and her cheeks are flushed pink.