41.

Jackson unlocks the crypt and he steps aside allowing Naomi to walk inside. Naomi is stunned by the hidden chamber. Behind them Benedict comes in carrying a large mattress. He sets the mattress down in front of the cell and turns to Naomi.

"Naomi, please can you open this for me. It's laced with wolfsbane so I can't touch it."

Naomi nods and she reaches forward to pull the cell door open. As she touches the door it burns into her flesh and she pulls her hand back, gasping with the pain. She turns to Jackson with a confused look, cupping her right hand with the left. Jackson walks forward and pulls the door open. The burn on his hand heals almost instantly.

"If we're setting up the cell for Sandy we should get Sarah down here. I'm sure she'll be able to at least dim the wolfsbane for a few hours."

Benedict nods his agreement and he walks out the crypt. Naomi sits down at the table and she eyes the cabinet to her right that is chained shut. She looks back at her hand and the burn is healing, much slower than Jacksons. Jackson lifts her hand and examines it.

"It's my vampire gene, isn't it?"

"Probably. It's something we can worry about tomorrow. For now we need to make sure that the crypt is set to house quite a few people."

"How did you know about this place?"

"I found it, asked Mikain about it and he showed me around here. It's just the codified history of the wolves."

"What about this cabinet? Why is it sealed shut?"

"I'm not sure. Can you check the kitchen for supplies? I'm thinking we need pillows and blankets, probably water and food."

"How long do you think we'll be down here?"

"I'm not sure, Naomi but we'd rather be over prepared than under prepared."

Naomi nods her agreement and she walks out the crypt doors and walks into the kitchen. The lounge door is shut tight and she fights the urge to open it. She knows that Sarah and Raurlin are questioning the new witch. Naomi knows that Sarah will be okay with Raurlin but it's Raurlin she's worried about.

She walks into the kitchen and opens the pantry. All along the bottom floor are packs of water. Naomi picks one up and a second and she walks back to the crypt. Inside the crypt Benedict is setting up the bed for Sandy. He sets some blankets and towels onto the bed as well as a few buckets some filled with water. Naomi sets the water down and continues making the trips back and forth until all the water is downstairs.

Jackson pulls the door leading to a passageway open and he steps into it. Naomi watches as he turns his head and listens. He shuts his eyes and his breathing is calm and steady. He turns to Benedict and points inwards.

"I would say that this tunnel has an entry point at the east end of the perimeter. Those that are close enough to the house we bring them in through the front door. As far as possible let's bring them in from the tunnel."

"Why not bring everyone in through the house?" Naomi asks, frowning.

Jackson shakes his head, "we don't know the deal with the new witch. I don't think it's a risk we can take comfortably."

"I agree," Benedict states "I'll check out the tunnel and make sure it's stable and start bringing everyone in. Naomi, can you track down Mikain? He'll be able to point you in a direction for the other families that are closer. Jax, maybe you can see about getting Sarah down here?"

Benedict walks into the tunnel until he is out of sight. Jackson turns to Naomi.

"Are you holding up okay?"