42.

"Is Anya still alive or have you killed her?"

"Come now, Sarah, I'm hardly capable of murder. And besides I mean only to borrow her body. I will return it when I'm done..."

"Done with what exactly?"

Sigrid chuckles and shakes her head. "Now where's the fun in me revealing everything to you now? There's so much more to come. Although I have to admit your little spell that got rid of my black magick was quite the nuisance. I was so keen on having a few wolves at my mercy."

Sarah can feel Raurlin tense behind her. She turns to him and says "go find and help Jackson." Raurlin is out of the room just as Sarah completes her sentence.

"Ah Jackson is still alive too? I always knew those two would outlive me. Up until the time that they killed me...did you know that? That they killed me? Oh I'll bet you're falling for one of them too...don't tell me it's my Raurlin?"

"Cut the crap. Tell me why you're here."

Sigrid crosses her arms with a huff and she stomps to the window. She watches as snow covers the ground heavily.

"I'm not going to tell you why I'm here. But maybe you should be asking yourself why I allowed myself to be taken."

Sarah stands up and walks to the door.

"Sarah" Sigrid calls after her "I must warn you, this spell won't hold me much longer."

"Oh I'm counting on it. In fact I think it'll be right on time. See you soon, Sigrid."

Sarah shuts the door behind her and she walks a few feet before doubling over. She attempts to steady her breathing. Jackson jogs to where she is standing and he squats in front of her.

"Sarah?"

Sarah shakes her head and holds a finger to her lips and Jackson nods. Sarah straightens and she and Jackson begin walking to the crypt. They stop just outside the door and Sarah drops an arm on Jackson's.

"Jax, I need to tell you something. The spells I've done today are on a...magical timer if I can say it like that. There's another spell I need to do, a bigger spell bigger than anything I've ever done. Chances are it will drain me completely. Then I will be at my weakest. She may try to use or take my body. You must stop her."

"Anya?"

"No Jackson, Sigrid."

Jackson frowns and he looks past Sarah down the hallway. He turns back to her but before he can speak Raurlin and Naomi walk to where they are standing.

"That's everyone" Naomi announces "Sandy and Dezra are also set up down there. It's just us now."

"Well...not all of us" a voice calls out from behind them.

Naomi turns around and she gasps as the third witch walks slowly towards them. She seems to have a white layer of skin completely covering both her eyes and she is holding the wreath in a hand.

Raurlin steps in front of Naomi and he holds an arm to Sarah. Jackson remains planted where he is standing, the shock of seeing Sigrid being too much for him.

"How's my timing Sarah?"

"A little early but I don't see why we can't start now."

Sarah holds a hand up and a small slit opens on her palm. She holds it out to Sigrid who laughs. Simultaneously there are several roars heard outside. Naomi turns to Jackson.

"What's that?"

"The Cavalry" Sigrid answers and she makes for the front door.

Raurlin attempts to chase after her but Sarah catches onto his arm and pulls him back.