15.

Sarah slowly closes her grimoire. The story Jackson told her closely resembled the one in her grimoire and Sarah immediately feels relaxed. Jackson isn't lying to her. He's merely told them their version of the truth.

She turns to Naomi who during the course of the story made it onto Raurlin's lap. Raurlin runs a hand through her hair haphazardly. Him and Jackson seem to wait for the blow up.

Jackson holds a hand out to Sarah and Sarah takes it. It feels different this time. Holding onto him Sarah feels as if she's looking straight at the face of death. But death has kind beautiful eyes that are filled with concern.

Sarah can't help but smile "I think it definitely makes sense that out of all of us I'd be the all powerful balancing witch."

Raurlin smiles and Naomi rolls her eyes with a laugh. Naomi turns slightly to face Raurlin.

"My parents died when I was young...really young. Do you think it's possible they carried the gene?"

Raurlin nods his head and muses "one of them definitely carried the gene. Or perhaps they both were vampires. It could be that the trauma suppressed the gene."

Raurlin turns to Jackson for confirmation and Jackson nods. Sarah sets her book down on the table and her stomach grumbles. Jackson glances from her stomach to her and pulls his phone out.

"Everyone okay with pizza for lunch?"

There's a general consensus and Jackson pulls his phone out to order. Sarahs eyes narrow in on Raurlin.

"I can definitely see you two as a forever couple. But what I don't get is why you rejected my best friend, Raurlin."

Jackson laughs loudly and turns to face Raurlin, waiting for his response. Raurlin flushes slightly and Naomi smirks at him.

"When you've been alive as long as we have...you realise a few things. You two are both so incredibly young. It feels...felt selfish to just swoop in and change so much of your lives."

Naomi nods slowly understanding why Raurlin made the choice he did. She can't help but feel a bit of relief at knowing that it hasn't really got anything to do with her.

Sarah shakes her head.

"I hear you Raurlin but that's not good enough. You knew in some say Naomi is a supernatural...being. And if you're going to live forever why not make your blood connection or whatever then hang around until Naomi is ready to be a vampire bride?"

Jackson laughs again.

"You have a point, Sarah. I guess all my years on this Earth could never have prepared me for something so magical."

Raurlin takes Naomi's hand in his and he offers a small kiss on her knuckles. Naomi smiles finding it difficult to ever have loved a life without him.

There's a knock at the door and Jackson stands up. He walks to the door and opens it before accepting two large boxes of pizza. He kicks the door shut and places the boxes down on the table and opens them.

Sarah is the first to dig in followed by Naomi then Raurlin and lastly himself. They eat in silence and Jackson is surprised at how well Sarah and Naomi are taking things so well. Perhaps the early trauma in Naomi's life set her up for just this moment when she would need all the strength she could muster.

"So exactly how old are you?" Naomi asks Raurlin through a mouthful of pizza.

Raurlin merely smiles.

Naomi turns to Jackson with a look and Jackson chuckles. He drops a pizza crust back into the box.

"Raulin's Dad was called by Idonea to meet with the strongest lycan."

Jackson instantly regrets revealing their age. Sarah is wide eyed and he can hear her heart flutter. Jackson rests a hand on Sarah's thigh and her heart jumps and then settles.

Raurlin tucks Naomi under his arm at hearing the jump in her heart.