1 | You're Such An Idiot To Deal With

Eddy watched unamused as Brett snorted up a bit of his cookies and cream milkshake after he had a laughing fit. Desperately clawing at his stomach in order to stop but he couldn't, he could only laugh harder and run out of breath quicker.

"Now come on you idiot." Eddy mumbled, hastily handing Brett a napkin to which he gladly look to blow his nose; he would admit, it did burn a bit. Eddy's frown remained on his face as he watched Brett compose himself- or at least tried to- long bangs covered his hair as he took a deep breath and finally calmed, turning to Eddy with a small smile on his face.

"You're so uptight Eddy." Brett whispered, sighing a bit. "You should loosen up. You can't live your life being boring and lame, that would just be a waste of a life." He continued, reaching to grab a French fry, dipping it into the ketchup container before bringing it to his lips. Chewing slowly, he turned to Eddy. Who watched him with low interest, he knew he only wanted to leave the small diner already.

Brett opened his mouth to speak once again. "What are you thinking about?" He asked when he swallows the fry, pushing his glasses further up his nose to see Eddy clearly.

Not clear enough.

Eddy shrugged, looking down at the untouched food that sat in front of him. It was greasy food, the oil always made him feel uncomfortable in a way. He preferred to not eat, something he's been telling himself for a while now. Brett wasn't having it though, he could feel the energy the other gave off from the other side of the table.

"What are you thinking about?" Brett asked once again, bringing his hand to rest upon Eddy's, who quickly pulled away like he always did.
Brett frowned. Eddy turned away.

He could feel Brett's gaze on him, he could feel the way he twisted his hands nervously in his lap and even how his breathing accelerated a bit, waiting. He always seemed to be doing that nowadays. Waiting for Eddy to say something- anything, maybe even spare a glance at him. He would do anything for Eddy. Absolutely anything.

"You ask me what I'm thinking about?" Eddy says, finally looking at Brett through his long, thick eyelashes. His eyebrow raised.

Disinterest.

Brett nodded.

Eddy turned his head away again.

Brett sighed.

"I tell you that I'm thinking about..." Brett whispers. "Whatever you're thinking about.."

Eddy shakes his head at the sudden reference, the lyrics ringing inside his head, he knew them but he didn't open his mouth to finish them. He remained quiet for the rest of the meal, and so did Brett. It was unbearable in Brett's opinion. The silence. The look Eddy gave him. Everything that was sending waves of exasperation and anxiety through his body.

Disinterest.

Eddy stood from his side of the booth, his hand going to the back of his jeans to fish out a couple of notes to place on the table, catching Brett staring at him.

Brett looked away, standing as well and followed Eddy to the exit of the diner, head held down and Eddy already knew the game he was playing at without even having to look at him again.

"Have a nice day!" The waitress said on their way out, waving goodbye with a forced smile on her face, giving Eddy a weird look that Brett didn't miss.