2 | Hit the Pavement with Your Head

Warnings: mentions of suicide, hallucinations

Brett sits in the white room with an uncomfortable robe, the collar starts makes his neck itch. He kicks his feet back and forth as he stares at a poster on the wall. He can hear his mother's voice speaking in the room next door, the quiet chatter making him curious and impatient.

"You seem a bit upset, prince."

Brett looks over to the frog sitting next to him. It's head was a bit tilted to the side and staring wondrously towards Brett who smiled and patted the frog on it's head. "Yeah I am a tiny bit upset." He fakes a frown to make his point more clear although he only ends up laughing.

"Why is young prince upset?" The frog speaks once again, hopping closer to Brett in hopes to cheer the boy up, and it does work because Brett gathers the frog in his arms and smiles even wider.

"Mum is telling some man that I'm not well. It's so absurd!" Brett exclaims, expanding his arms out in a rather dramatic emphasis. "She just doesn't understand me!" He buffs, crossing his arms and legs and rocking his foot back and forth impatiently, all while rolling his eyes.

"That's mean." The frog responds to Brett's behavior, clearly unamused by it, as well as unbothered. It's almost as if it's used to it at this rate. "You should kill her."

Brett shoots a glance towards the frog, the rocking of his foot stopping momentarily as he's registering the frog's words. "E-Excuse me?" He's saying in disbelief.

"Suffocate her."

The images are flashing in his mind before he is even able to think. He's seeing it in front of him. How he'd grasp the pillow tightly in both of his hands and shove it into the face of his mother, pushing hard against the skin and the fabric, making sure to leave no room for oxygen. Brett quickly tries to clear his head from such thoughts but he can't seem to. He's imagining it all more clearly. How she'd fight against him using all her willpower only to fall into the floor unconscious and in need of emergency care. But he wouldn't give it to her. Oh no he wouldn't, he'd smirk down at her simply.

"What the heck is wrong with me." Brett's whispering to himself, trying to surge the thought to the back of his mind.

He was 17 going into new experiences and making new memories as well as going through those weird high school things people go through. He was going into it all head first with zero preparation. He was expecting for Eddy to break his heart in some sort of form, or he was expecting to be stressed beyond belief juggling his violin dreams and his homework. However he never knew he'd be in this white building, dressed in the itchiest robe with his mother talking a lot of awful crap about him.

There was a loud knock on the door at that moment, which caught him completely off guard, and he stumbled a bit back onto the rather hard mattress. A doctor entered the room, dressed in a plain blue shirt that had small bear designs on it and some white pants: the standard look for a doctor.

"Hey Brett!" She says, sounding way too enthusiastic in Brett's opinion, "My name is irrelevant character because the author is too lazy to give me a name! How are you?" She sits down next to Brett, making sure the door is closed before asking any more questions, even so, Brett is uncomfortable around her forced smile.

Brett shrugged. "Fine I guess."  He looked away from her face, instead he concentrated on the ceiling. That stain looked like a pineapple. Was it made from a pineapple?

"In order for this to work, you'll need to speak to me of anything you're thinking. What are you thinking about Brett?" She asks who flipping through a few pages of her clipboard.