Epilogue

Hesitation was what stopped Eddy from properly opening the small closet in the basement. It was where everything had been locked up in hopes of never seeing the light ever again.

But he knew they needed to know what it was that happened. It would have all been a waste if they didn't get to know.

Taking a deep breath, he pulled the door open.

Memories rushed into his head. Where they stood in front of this same equipment, laughing together, fishing out charade prompts, making their lives happier. Together.

The camera was half charged, which was a surprise to Eddy and possibly the universe trying to convey a message. He couldn't tell. But his body was trembling.

It was their camera.

"You're unbelievable Eddy."

"Well my life would be dull if I weren't Brett."

"It sure would."

He turned on the camera, feeling his hands become unbearably sweaty once he heard the familiar beep of it turning on. He grabbed the tripod stand and made his way back upstairs.

"I love you Eddy."

"You do?"

"Well yes. I do. I love you more than I love berries. Hah! You're better than berries Eddy."

He fixed the tripod to face the usual wall they'd film in front of, fixing the table slightly. He didn't mind that his face was probably looking pretty damn vulnerable or the fact the camera was most likely out of focus.

"Eddy...
You're so lovely."

Lovely huh?

He chuckled.

He started the recording, deciding to stop caring about what the people would think. It was only fair to tel them. It's what Brett would have wanted for the both of them.

"Hey guys.." he started, trying his best to look at the camera. The seat next to Eddy was empty, serving as a gentle reminder that it was not his fault.
"Welcome back to another episode of Two.." he hesitated, looking between the camera and the table, clearing his throat. "TwoSetViolin." He'd never call it oneset ever again, he only called it that because he knew for sure Brett would come back, but now that the possibility is impossible, he'd never say oneset. It was what both he and Brett had built together. Even if it were just him now, left all alone and Brett had gone home to his place in the sea, Brett was still someone he adored and would never forget. The promise on his arm stung but it wasn't a toxic stinging... it was a warm sting, as if Brett, wherever he was now, was trying to tell him that it was okay.
Everything was okay.

"We haven't uploaded in a very long time, five years or so. We're grateful for the LingLing Wannabes who stayed and waited for us, thank you very much." He looked at the camera, sighing a bit as his lips shook a little.

"You may be asking, where is Brett? Well..."

He took a deep breath.

The chair next to him served as a reminder.

He was not alone.