9 | Dearest Beach Friend

Eddy sighs, pushing in the last piece of clothing into his suitcase before zipping it up. He wanders over to the vast window of the hotel, taking in Vegas one last time and he lets out a deep breath. He can see another hotel in the mere distance, the morning light radiating off the tall glass statures, somewhere far away an airplane flies by.

He sticks his hands into the pockets of his jeans in an attempt to settle down his nerves, feeling the heavy weight of his cellphone settled inside the back of his pants. His mind wanders off to Oliver, and he wonders what he could be doing right now. Perhaps he was laying in bed and fighting off a headache, a small grin passes his face but in an instant it dies down. He has Brett. He doesn't need anyone else.

Brett places a hand on his shoulder, leaning in close to his face to make his presence known to Eddy, his cold finger tracing  his jawline. "What are you thinking about Eddy Chen?" He places a chaste kiss on his cheek just as Eddy turns to him, his smile returning.

"Are you sure you're okay with us going home earlier than anticipated?" He asks once again, only making sure Brett is okay with it just as much as he is; he wouldn't want to be the reason for Brett to be unhappy, no, he never wanted to cause Brett negative emotions. His hand comes to scratch a spot behind his neck.

"Oh of course I am Eddy." Brett smiles, putting his hand into the strands of Eddy's hair, scratching his scalp slightly. "I miss it just being us two." He whispers dangerously close to Eddy's face.

Eddy furrows his eyebrows, looking at Brett with a face full of confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Oliver is crossing your thoughts, is he not?" Brett drawls out, a smirk playing at his lips as he moves his hand to Eddy's neck. He shivers at Brett's cold thoughts.

"What do you mean?"

Eddy's words are shut down with a grip around his throat. It's icy cold and Brett's hand is gripped on tight. His oxygen is immediately cuts off and he's sputtering.

"Well don't try to mock me, you really think I'm a fool don't you? You think I would forget about the guy my boyfriend conversed with?" He throws Eddy onto the floor, watching as he coughs and heaves heavily.

He steps on his chest with one foot. "I told you Eddy. I'm a clear representation of your mind, mental state and all. I'm a mirror of everything you're thinking about." Brett pressed harder onto his chest, moving the sneaker down to his abdomen where he dug his heel into the pit of his stomach, and he watched with delight at the way Eddy's face twisted in pain.

"Keep your eyes on me Eddy." He whispers, removing his foot and dropping to his knees, kissing Eddy's cheek. "Just me."

Eddy is lying on the floor with a sore stomach now, shaky breaths leaving his open lips and his hands are trembling at his sides. He's hoping that his body would simply cry, crying would free him of absolutely everything, but his eyes don't free any tears, they don't even water out of instinct from being restricted of oxygen.

He feels limp and tired. He's tired of everything. He's tired of the endless messages Ms.Yang is filling Eddy's inbox with, he's tired of the need to be a good person to his so called 'friends', he's tired of Bre—

No. He could never be tired of Brett.

He's tired of the past five years.

What happened to Brett's warm hands...

"Cry." Brett says, caressing his face softly. His thin, cold palms cup his face. "Cry for me."

"I can't cry Brett."

"And why is that? Are you afraid I'll judge you? You know I won't."

"Not that." Eddy whispers.