7 | Earl Grey Milk Tea with Black Tapioca Pearls

Eddy feels as if he were on the verge of tears...

Yet no matter how much he focused on the now unbearable pain in his chest, the tears wouldn't flow out like he so much wanted them to. He refrained himself from asking for help though, he didn't want Brett to see him that way. His tears stayed in his heart, as if there was a cork in his body that wasn't letting them let go freely.

The flight from Mexico to Las Vegas seemed almost endless, the vast view of the clouds and sky never seemed to change even after time passed gradually.

They figured Las Vegas would be a cool place to go to, considering how much they missed going clubbing and making irresponsible choices.

But Eddy couldn't relax against the seats of the plane, he couldn't even relax with the mere imagination of how Vegas would look like; with its bright lights and its interesting buildings, like the M&M Store. Eddy's thoughts were just too loud and frantic to overcome such things.

He hadn't spoken to Brett, but even with Brett being quiet and less annoying than usual, he made his subtle presence known with his cold fingers, which were latched onto Eddy's tightly. Eddy sighed. He missed the moments when they were warm and crisp, filled with the brim with life. What happened?

"You're thinking about it again, aren't you?"

Eddy turns to Brett, not looking at him in the eyes, focusing more on the leg that was bouncing slightly. He ignores him, he knew that if he answered they'd both end up making a scene in the airplane. He turned back to stare outside of the window, just how much longer until they arrived?

"Are you just going to block out the rest of the world and venture in your mind?" Brett continues, pressing his fingers harder into Eddy's skin. "Just how you did five years ago?"

"I never did that." Eddy sneered, rolling his eyes. He pulls his hand away.

"Really? Then why did—"

Eddy blocks his voice out, closing his eyes.

"Were you and Brett perhaps more than friends?"

Ms.Yang had tried to contact Eddy after that, sending multiple text messages and calling numerous amounts of times. But he didn't respond. He'd never respond.

-

He collapsed onto the bed.

Eddy really just wanted this trip to be over.

They arrived earlier than he had imagined. He half expected them to get to Las Vegas around midnight but they were there by eight pm. Great.

"You don't seem in the mood to do anything." Brett comments, crossing his arms in front of his chest and looks at Eddy with a raised eyebrow, a sly smile playing on his lips.

Eddy hums, closing his eyes. He just wants Brett to go away for a small moment. Just a few seconds.

Brett lays down next to him. The bed unmoving. He's too skinny. Not enough food in his system. He's so slim that the bed doesn't even dip when he crawls towards Eddy.

"I think you should take advantage of the time you have here. It's not everyday when you have a break of your normal lifestyle, you know?" Brett says, fixing his glasses to be further up his nose. He turns his head to look at Eddy, who was breathing in deeply through his nose, his hands were slightly shaking.

Brett places his pale hand on top of Eddy's, his grip firm and comforting. "I'll go with you. You'll never be alone, remember?" He whispers, moving closer towards Eddy to place a kiss on his cheek.