prologue

authors pov

15:50 PM PARIS, FRANCE

"this is so stupid," félix says, chasing after his love. her brown skin shines in the sun, her black curls bouncing as she is speed walking. "why are we doing this?"

"to see," she says, taking his hand in hers. "to see if we're going to be a good couple together, kitty. we know how the black cat and the ladybird are meant to be together. but you and bridgette don't love each other, félix. i wanna see if i can have this future, with you," she smiles, making felix blush. "oohh~ did i make the félix blush?"

"s-shut up," he says, looking to his left. his love pokes his cheek, making the blush on him darken. "stop, love. please," she removes her fingers from his cheek with a laugh. 

"you two are so gross," plagg says, from félix's shirt. "all this love, ew," 

"i love you too, plagg," she whispers. he pops his head out of the pocket. a blush appears on the entity's face. 

"and i guess i love you too..." he mumbles. 

"you can't just say you love my girlfriend, plagg," felix says. "don't you have tikki?"

"kwami's can't fall in love," he shrugs. "and even though i do feel something for her, i can't really act on it,"

"don't worry, plagg. i got you," she says, stars in her grey eyes. "you two can be the first, rules are meant to be broken anyway. i'll help you. you guys will be cute together,"

"thanks,"

~

"master richelle!" she yells, walking into her little flower shop. "are you in here?" felix follows in behind her, shaking his head at his love's level of noise.

"gosh, primrose," the mixed woman, walks into the start of her shop in a long purple flower patterned dress. "you're so loud," she rearranges the flowers in her shop. 

"don't call me primrose!" she whines. "richelle, i'm not a kid anymore,"

"yeah, but you act like one," félix says, making an irk appear on the side of his love's forehead.

"that makes you a paedophile, love," she says, making him grumble. plagg flies out, snickering in the air.

"as much as i love seeing you two together," richelle starts, motioning them to follow her. "there has to be a real reason why you two are here," the three walk as plagg flies following them into a back room.

"yeah," 

"love and i want to know if we will be a good couple since me and bridgette don't love each other and rules about destiny and fate," félix and his love sit down on the beanbags, richelle sitting on a chair. 

"you guys sure are a wonderful couple," she says, making félix and his love smile at each other. he takes her hand, she lies her head on his shoulder. "but fate works in mysterious ways. this is has happened before,"

"félix fell in love?!"

"i only love you!"

"no, primrose," richelle shakes her head, confusing the interracial couple. "that the holder of the black cat miraculous has fell for someone else, beside the ladybird miraculous holder,"

"eh?"

"really? but what about fate?" félix asks, his love nodding.

"i guess it just works in mysterious ways," richelle shrugs. she gets up from her chair, handing félix and his love both red roses. "and i think it's going to happen with the next black cat miraculous holder,"

"the one you told us about?" félix asks. "what is his name?"

"i think it is adrien?" his love says. "and the girl he's going to end up with?"

"y/n. her name is y/n,"