ch4 primroses

authors pov

07:00 AM PARIS, FRANCE

"hey, y/n?" y/n looks up from her art pad to see adrien, clutching a pen. "i think you dropped this,"

"oh for real?" y/n says, taking it from him. their hands touch, for a second, making adrien feel a small slight shock. "thank you, agreste. that is very much appreciated. so, what are you doing here, in the park, at like" y/n takes out her phone from her pocket and checks the time. "seven in the morning?"

"what are you doing here, in the park, at seven in the morning?" he counters, putting his hoodie. y/n chuckles, patting a seat next to her on the bench. 

"hey. i asked first. did you eat today?" she asks as he sits down. 

"my dad didn't give me a schedule today, so i thought i would just go around paris," adrien says, looking at her. 

"cool. but did you eat though?" she asks. adrien shakes his head. 

"i was so excited to come out, i didn't really get the time..." he says, sheepishly, scratching his cheek. y/n laughs, going into her backpack. she takes out two pain du chocolate. 

"mari's café is open so i got some before i came here," she gives him both of them. "you really need to eat something before you leave the house, okay?"

"okay?" adrien says, his mouth muffled with the pastry. "shit-" he swallows it, clearing his throat. "i mean okay,"

"don't worry, i heard you,"

~

"you never did tell me what you're drawing," adrien says to y/n as they walk around paris. it's around eight thirty now, paris air still cold. "can i see?"

"sure," y/n passes him her art pad. he flicks through the pages, blushing lightly but y/n doesn't notice. "weird right?" 

"chat noir?" he asks, trying to hide the glee in his voice. "his your inspiration?" he passes the art pad back to y/n. she takes it with a shrug. 

"i mean...i guess?"

"you guess?"

"well he is. i haven't drawn something as good before," y/n says. she flicks to a page with a drawing of primroses. "this is what i drew before,"

"primroses?"

"yep. i just really like them," y/n says, putting the art pad in her backpack. "you don't have a fave flower?"

"i actually like primroses too. my mother loved them, actually," adrien says, scratching his cheek.

"same!" y/n smiles. "my whole family loves them. i don't know why though..."

"who's knows," adrien says, looking at her. "maybe it's fate,"

y/n chuckles, shaking her head. 

"what's so funny?" adrien says, raising a eyebrow. 

"nothing, nothing," y/n says. "just a lot of people have said that to me, recently,"

"oh?"

"yep,"

'is this 'fate' thing real?'