ch6 competition

authors pov

14:35 PM PARIS, FRANCE

"so a little bird told me i'm your inspiration~" chat noir says, hugging y/n from behind. she screeches, pulling out her earphones. 

"don't do that!" she says, hitting his chest. "your dumbass scared me! and who even told you that?!" 

chat noir laughs, covering his mouth with his gloved hand. 

"my belle, i'm so sorry-"

"no you're not! and you didn't answer me question!" she whines. he sits down on her beanbag, holding in his laughter. "wait...i only told adrien-oh my days. hgdsa-how?! do you even know each other?"

"who?" chat noir asks like he's uninterested. y/n hits his arm.

"adrien agreste, you know the model," y/n says, sitting on the chair on her balcony. chat noir shakes his head. "what rock have you been living under? hold on, i think we took a class picture, sometime ago and it's saved on my phone," y/n sits between chat noir's legs, her back against his chest. she scrolls down and shows chat noir a picture of his civilian self. "this is him," 

"do you..."

"do i? do i what?"

"do you like him?" chat noir asks her. silently, chat wants y/n to say yes. but he doesn't at the same time. he wants y/n to like both of him.

"he's just a friend," she shrugs, looking at the other pictures she has on her phone. she looks behind her at chat noir. "why?"

"i just wanted to know if i had anyway competition. i knew i wasn't going to have anyway but i just wanted to make sure," chat noir says, smugly, covering his disappointment. 

"hah! i don't even think you're going to get to the finish line," y/n says, looking back her phone. chat noir pouts and crosses his arms. "aww. did i make the lil kitty pout?" y/n teases, putting phone down. she faces him, he looks away, still with a pout. "what can make you feel better kitty?" 

chat noir blushes, but his black mask hides it well, so that y/n can't see it. he takes his hands and puts each one on y/n's waist and pulls her in. 

"a kiss? that would make me feel much better,"

"yeah, no. you tried, chat," he lets go of y/n's waist but she still cuddles with him. "i can't believe he told you,"

"it's not that he told me. it's just that when you two were talking about it, i was nearby," he says, rubbing y/n's back. 

"and you didn't come and save me?" y/n jokes. "how mean,"

"you didn't like being with him?" chat noir asks her. 

"nah, it's not that. i just thought you would get jealous," y/n shrugs. 

"i'm not jealous because i don't have competition," chat noir says, poking y/n's side. she laughs, making chat noir smiling, lovingly at her. "i'm going to win your heart, one way or another,"

"no, you're not!" y/n says, biting the inside of her cheek as chat noir keeps tickling her. "chat, stop," she laughs. 

'but why do i feel like you are? is it that fate thing? this fate thing that everyone keeps talking about?'