Shaky hands

This takes place after the USJ incident Shota has just recently had his bandages removed. Shota and Hizashi have been married for the last 6 years and were dating for quite some time before that. Shota has struggled with PTSD ever since the incident in their second year. He is also mildly depressed, very stressed from being overworked and also suffers from insomnia essentially he is not mentally healthy but he has always had Hizashi there to help him. Recently his mental health has gotten worse understandably and he has been waking up more often in the middle of the night often from a nightmare either reliving the accident from second year or the USJ incident.

On this occasion he woke up gasping for breath his injured elbow stinging he had once again dreamt about the USJ incident. Shota's hands were shaking and he was breathing heavily trying to get oxygen into his lungs his scar under his eye started to itch but he knew he couldn't scratch it as it could make it worse. After what felt like forever but was only a few moments Hizashi woke up, having had years of experience he can somehow tell when Shota needs him he turns to face him and grabs Shota's hands stopping them from shaking and he lifts his chin so Shota looks directly at him.

"You're okay babe, you're home, the kids are safe, Toshonori is okay, everyone is okay."

Hizashi moves his hand to Shota's cheek and his breathing slowly returns to normal and he leans into Hizashi's hand.

"Everyone is okay..." Shota says softly.

"Yes, everyone is okay." Hizashi replies with a smile.

"Thank goodness." Shota sighs and hugs Hizashi, "Thank you Zashi I don't know what I'd do without you."

"And you'll never find out because I'll always be with you." Hizashi hugs Shota back being careful of his injuries.

They lie down, Shota gripping on Hizashi's shirt his head tucked in leaning against his shoulder and Hizashi has his arms wrapped around him holding him tightly but still weary if his injuries. It doesn't take Shota too long to fall asleep even though it most likely won't be for long and smiling softly at him Hizashi places a kiss atop his head and falls back asleep.

A/N- I don't know much about mental health and what exactly happens but I did try. I mainly wrote this cos I was in a bad mood and writing helps with it so I did a prompt and boom there you go.