Happy Birthday Hizashi!

Shota wakes up early and looks over at his sleeping husband he smiles and gets up; he quickly changes having showered the night before and goes to wake up the kids. He starts making waffles for the four of them whilst Hitoshi and Eri get ready. They finish and come into the kitchen and Shota smiles so far the surprise was going as planned he finishes making the waffles and puts them on the table and goes to help Hitoshi with the gifts. 

Once everything was ready he plays a version of 'Happy Birthday' on one of the speakers to wake Hizashi up. He wakes up startled but smiles when he hears what was playing. 'It's my birthday!' he thinks smiling widely as he gets out of bed quickly and goes to the living room still in his pajamas. He stops in awe of the sight before him, the room was decorated with 'Happy Birthday' signs and there was a pile of gifts in the corner of the room and in the middle of of the room was Shota, Eri and Hitoshi all dressed in outfits resembling his hero costume. 

"Good morning Zashi and happy birthday." Shota says with a smile.

"Happy birthday Papa!" Eri exclaims enthusiastically.

"Happy birthday Pops." Hitoshi says with a smile. 

Hizashi's smile gets impossibly bigger and he runs towards the three of them dragging them into a group hug, "Thank you so much!" He says holding back tears of joy.

They return the hug and Shota smiles, ' I'm glad he's happy.' 

 They break apart after a while and go to the table for breakfast Eri and Hitoshi dig in happily and Shota begins eating knowing he would need the energy for the day. Hizashi looks over his family with a smile, 'I couldn't have gotten any luckier.' 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Shota asks looking up at him and tilting his head.

"Nope I am, I was just thinking." Hizashi explains.

"Oh?" 

"Yeah, I was thinking about how lucky I am. I have the best husband and kids ever." He says.

Shota blushes a little and lets his hair fall in his face to hide it, "Oh."

Hizashi begins eating and once they'd all finished he goes to pick up the plates but Shota stops him.

"No, you go and change we'll do this." He says pointing to the bedroom. 

Hizashi sighs but does as he was told and goes to change he puts on one of his 'Put your hands up radio' shirts and some black jeans before returning to see that the kitchen was already clean. Shota gestures for him to sit in the living room and once he had sat Shota goes and sits next to him, Hitoshi sits on another couch and Eri stays standing so she can pass him his gifts. 

Hizashi finishes opening the last gift and leans back on the couch he looks up at the three of them and smiles.

"Thank you but you guys really didn't have to spoil me so much."

"Oh please, remember Eri's birthday last year?" Shota says raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah? Your point is?" Hizashi asks remembering how they'd put a lot of effort into making it a great birthday.

"Nevermind." Shota says rolling his eyes. 

The doorbell rings and Hitoshi gets up to answer it; he opens the door and frowns.

"Yay, you're here." He says sarcastically and opens the door wider. 

"Glad you're so excited to see me. Oh well at least Eri will be." The person says sarcastically walking past him into the house. 

"Auntie Nemi!!" Eri says excitedly running towards her. 

"Now that's more like it! Hello Eri!" She says bending down to catch Eri.

"Nemuri!" Hizashi says getting up to go over and greet her. 

Nemuri puts Eri down after giving her a hug so that she could wish Hizashi a happy birthday. Shota follows behind Hizashi silently. 

"Happy birthday Hizashi!" She says happily and pulls him into a hug. 

"Thanks Nemuri." Hizashi says with a laugh and hugs her back. 

"Hey Shota." She says letting go of Hizashi.

 Shota waves in greeting. Nemuri narrows her eyes at his outfit and then turns to look at Eri and Hitoshi.

"You're all dressing up as Hizashi!" She exclaims in realization. 

"You don't say." Shota says faking shock.

"Well now I know where Hitoshi gets his sarcasm from." She says glaring at Shota. 

She pulls out an envelope from her jacket and hands it to Hizashi, " Before I forget here." 

"Thanks but you really didn't have to do that." He says gratefully. 

"Yes I did now open it." She says waving it off.

He gently pulls it open and in it is a card and a gift card to his favorite shop. 

"Thank you Nemi I really appreciate it." He says looking back up at her. 

"You're welcome now its time for fun!" She exclaims. 

Hizashi and Eri smile cheering with her, Hitoshi and Shota sigh but smile. They celebrate for the next few hours tiring themselves out and Shota decides they could use the sugar and goes to bring out the cake. He puts the candles on it and lights them before bringing it out to the living room. They see him coming and Shota, Eri, Nemuri and Hitoshi start singing and Shota puts the cake in front of Hizashi; the time comes and Hizashi blows out all the candles. 

"What'd you wish for?" Eri asks.

"You know I can't tell you otherwise it won't come true." Hizashi says booping her nose causing her to laugh. 

They cut the cake and once some of their energy was returned the party continued only stopping at around 11pm. Nemuri had fallen asleep on the couch as well as Eri and Hitoshi looked like he would fall asleep any second. 

"Go to bed Toshi its okay." Hizashi laughs and Hitoshi nods appreciatively heading to his room. 

Shota gently picks up Eri careful not to wake her up and takes her to her bed pulling the duvet over her.

"Goodnight Eri." He whispers. 

He goes to fetch a blanket and pillow from the linen cupboard and takes it to the living room. He lifts Nemuri's head slowly so she wouldn't wake up and puts the pillow underneath and then lowering it again. He then pulls the blanket over her and goes to Hizashi. 

"Thank you again Sho, I had a lot of fun today." Hizashi whispers and pulls Shota into him. 

"You're welcome Zashi." Shota replies resting his head on Hizashi's chest. Shota yawns and closes his eyes. 

"Come on lets go to bed." Hizashi says with a soft laugh. 

"I like that idea." Shota says tiredly.