I can't think of a title but its erasermic again

Inspired by a fanfic... Can't remember who it was by but I think it was called 'The Man from America' however I mostly got my inspiration from the title. Brief explanation Nemi and Shota met in high school and have been working together at UA Hizashi did not go to UA he went to school in America and started his pro career there, Hizashi and Shota met online and started dating some time back I think that's all you need to know. The more I think about it I could be thinking about another fanfic but I don't know which.

~~

"Hey, Shota why do you always reject Emi?" Nemuri asks Shota aa they walk to the teacher's lounge one day.

"I'm gay Nemuri. How do you not kbow that?" Shota asks raising an eyebrow at her.

"What?! Really?!" She asks excitedly.

"Yes. You're an idiot." He says rolling his eyes.

"Oh my gosh, I have to find you a boyfriend!"

"I have a boyfriend."

"What? No you don't you barely talk to anyone." Nemuri says narrowing her eyes at him.

"He doesn't live in Japan." Shota explains.

"So how did you meet him?" She asks confused.

"Online obviously."

"But... you hate social media?" She says even more confused.

Shota merely shrugs and after a couple months of Nemuri bugging him about who his boyfriend was she eventually gave up assuming he had just made him up so she wouldn't try set him up with anyone, after all this was Shota.

"Shota I wanna set you up on a blind date." Nemi says confidantly.

"I already told you I have a boyfriend quit bugging me." Shota says irritably.

"No you don't you just made that up so I'd stop bugging you." She says adamantly.

Shota glares at her and goes to say something but is interrupted by his phone ringing; he pulls it out of his pocket and checks who it is.

"So sorry to interrupt but I have to take this." Shota says starting off sarcastically.

He answers the phone and walks away; Nemuri only hear a little of what he said and frowned as all she'd heard was, 'Nope just Nemuri being a pain as usual.'

More time passes and Shota still insists he has a boyfriend in America.

"Come on Shota just give it up its been forever!" Nemi insists.

"I'm not making him up!" Shota shouts, "You're supposed to be my friend but you're not being a very good one!" He yells at her angrily.

"Shota I'm sorry but its just not believable." She says more gently.

"What that I could find a guy who actually likes me?! Why can't you just be happy for me Nemi?" Shota says using her nickname hoping she'll see he's serious.

"I'm sorry Shota..." He runs out of the room and goes to sit on the rooftop where he knows he'll be alone.

He calls a number and waits for the person to pick up.