вrσσm'ѕ dєcєlєrαtíσn σf wαr🧹

"Team! Huddle up!"

"Team! Huddle up!"

Yeah, I'm getting out of here.

However, as I was about to turn around and make my way out of this place, the coach's hand that held on my shoulder tightened making me aware that I'm trapped with no exit.

Like a lost, helpless pet I looked up at him only to see his brightly smiling face.

What is this?

Now that everyone had gathered around us, I became terribly anxious. It's been way too long since I ever got this much attention!

Just recently I was befriending the shadows and blending with their existence, but now the spotlights are on me.

I apologise for forsaking you, my family.

My only friends, the shadows.

'Stop acting like some emo character from your stories! Even if the shadows were a thing, they'd disown you!' My conscious lectured sassily.

'Shut up! Stop embarrassing me!' I replied.

"Starting today," The coach began glancing at each and every one of his members. "This young lady over here will be your manager!" He ended proudly.

My eyes gaped at him. They were about to fall out of their sockets and hang from their birth place like the dead corpses of the medieval era.

Why you doing dis?

It wasn't only me who's so surprised that my quota of surprises would expire for the day, heck even for my lifetime, the team, too, was hit by a turmoil.

I turned around and made the coach give his back to the team as well so we could both have a whispered conversation, "Um... Sir, wasn't I supposed to have a trial period before becoming an official member?"

"What trial period are you talking about? Is this some product you'll buy or something?" He whispered back, chuckling.

Panicking, I racked my brain for some excuse to free myself from this situation. I didn't have the chance to thoroughly look over the members but, I could tell that they were huge and I, being the ridiculous excuse of a human being, would in no way be able to deal with such titans. "Um, you said that I need to be familiar with volleyball!"

The coach nodded, "Yes, and you will by watching them practice and getting my help!" Before I could add any other excuse the coach patted my back and said that I'll be fine before turning us back to the curious team. "Alright everyone, if you don't mind this manager, then start by introducing yourselves!"

Not even a minute of hesitation passed and already a man with black hair, a slender figure and very confident air to him stepped forward with a grin, "I'm the captain of the team, Kuroo Tetsuro."

Okay, he'll either be Duck-butt or just Rooster and since he's the captain, Rooster makes more sense.

I noticed that the whole team smacked their eyes on their captain who stood there confidently with a hand on his hip.