XII

"what the fuck happened?!" jungkook yelled, his eyes not once leaving the bruises on his best friend. 

"i.. its just- i fell and it- maybe i-" jimin stuttered out. he felt sick to his stomach.

seokjin looked at the younger with wide eyes, as he sat down next to him. gently, he began rubbing circles on his back, hoping it would calm the boy down a bit. 

jungkook, however, was not patient at all, nor calm. he needed to know what had happened, and he needed to know it now. "jimin! say something, please!" he said. the oldest of the three shot him a deadly glare, before hinting at jimin.

jungkook's eyes softened for a mere second, as he saw the brown haired boy finally breaking down, sobbing his heart out. "shh, its okay.. its okay.." seokjin whispered, and pulled the crying boy closer. 

jungkook mumbled out an apology, and took a deep breath. he didnt mean to upset jimin, but seeing his best friend all beat up really, really hurt him. 

some minutes went by, the only noise in the room being jimins small sobs, along with seokjin muttering comforting words. jungkook, who by now had placed himself next to jimin, was carefully watching as the older continued to help the boy calm down.

a few more minutes went by, and it seemed like jimin had calmed down a bit. seokjin decided to speak up. "jimin?" he asked, as the boy let out a small sniffle. "did taehyung do this to you?" jimin's entire body stiffened upon hearing the said name, which was enough for seokjin to know the answer.

still, jimin made a small nod, as he continued looking down.

"i fucking knew it, i swear im gonna kill that fucki-" jungkook began, as he quickly stood up. his entire body was boiling with rage. 

"stop!" seokjin hissed the younger. "sit down, jungkook!" he continued. the latter looked at his hyung with utter disbelief in his eyes. 

the older stood up, the maknae quickly following him into the kitchen. "what the fuc-" jungkook said, but was interrupted by seokjin.

"jimin has just admitted he's getting abused by his boyfriend. i know you're angry, so am i, im fucking furious at taehyung, but we have to put that aside right now!" seokjin said through gritted teeth. "jimin needs us right now more than anything. he needs comfort, he needs friends. what he doesnt need, is you going to jail because you beat taehyung up!" he finished. 

jungkooks before angry state, got replaced with a more calm one, as he let seokjin's words sink in. "i just wanna make sure he's okay, hyung. i just wanna protect him." jungkook muttered out. 

"i know, kook. and you can do that right now, by comforting jimin, and staying by his side, yeah?" the older replied. jungkook nodded with a small sigh, and not long after, they made their way towards jimin on the couch.

the said boy was drying his eyes with his sweater paws, only for more tears to roll down. "jimin, if its alright with you, can i ask a few questions?" jungkook asked, and sat down next to the other, gently swinging his arm around him.

jimin nodded, slightly leaning into the calming touch of the other. "how long as this been going on?" the younger asked.

the brown haired boy was quiet for a few seconds, before speaking up. "a few months.. but it only got really bad two months ago.."

jungkook nodded understandingly, and debated whether or not he should ask another question. "these bruises you have right now.. when are they from?" 

"l-last night.. i did a bad thing, a-and he punished me for it.." jimin mumled out. 

"what did you do?" seokjin asked, as he looked at the younger. 

jimin wiped his eyes one last time, and sat up properly, before replying. "he caught me looking at s-some of his texts.. he always c-checks my phone and messages, so i thought it was o-okay for me to do it just this once.." he quietly said.

"he was texting t-this girl he had cheated on me with.. he got s-so mad at me that he threatened to throw me o-out of the house." jungkook felt his blood boil with anger, as his vision became red. 

"he fucking cheated on you?! jungkook's sudden outburst startled jimin, who quickly jumped. "fuck, im sorry, i didnt mean to scare you" the youngest said, mentally slapping himself.

jimin moved closer to jungkook, mumbling out a 'its okay', before continuing. "he cheated on me, but its okay, it was m-my fault.. he said if i had j-just been a better boyfriend, and had sex with him w-when he wanted, this wouldnt have happened.. and h-hes right."

both jungkook and seokjin had a hard time controlling their anger at this point. "jimin.. has.. has taehyung ever.. touched you?" seokjin asked. he knew this was a very serious question, but he needed to know. 

the other didnt reply, only nodding a little bit. "b-but its okay. i should j-just be a good boyfriend. i shoudnt be so fucking s-selfish, im dumb, he's right to hit m-me, its just b-bruises after all" jimin began rambling, as tears formed in his eyes yet again.

"just bruises"? did he fucking tell you that?" jungkook asked. 

"h-hes right.. everything he does is either because i fucked up, or because he l-loves me.." jimin sobbed. he knew taehyung was bad for him, but he didnt wanna let him go. he had meant so much for him for so long, he wasnt ready to say goodbye yet.

----

an hour or so went by,with  jimin telling them lots of things taehyung had done or said to him. by now, the boy was sleeping carefree on the couch, with a blue blanket on top of him.

jungkook and seokjin sat in disbelief in the kitchen. "i fucking knew there was something shitty about him.." the older muttered out, as he took another sip of his black coffee.

"i am seriously going to kill him." jungkook said, no emotion in his voice what so ever.

seokjin rolled his eyes, and put his cup down on the hard wooden table. "stop it. we've already talked about this. you going on some crazy rampage is not gonna benefit anyone right now."

"then what the fuck are we supposed to do?!" jungkook hissed, and slammed his fist down on the table.

a frustrated sigh left the older, as he pushed his hair out of his eyes. "i dont know yet! okay?! i havent been in this situation before!" he snapped.  "but we're gonna figure it all out."

as the two continued talking about what was gonna happen next, jimin, who had been woken up by jungkook hitting the table, got off of the couch. he grabbed his phone, and slowly made his way towards the front door. 

taehyung was waiting for dinner at home, after all. and if there was something taehyung didnt enjoy, it was waiting.

----------