Chapter 27

Coming home hadn’t been as scary as I feared. I was sad though. Link informed me that my father was not going to talk to me either until I received my power. As sad as this was it was almost a relief. I didn’t have to deal with his frustration regularly as I had before. It gave Link and I time to spend with each other more often. I would study in the morning and also try to research anything about being able to awake my power.

    Link always came in around the last hour of my study and had me get out of the castle. After I was finished we spent time traveling to nearby places. We would stay around the castle if it was harder to leave. We would just talk for hours, though I felt I always talked more as Link still didn’t like to talk all the time. I remember one conversation we had when I confronted him about talking. He told me that he enjoyed listening to me talk and like hearing my thoughts. I told him I like hearing his thoughts too. He told me that he would let me know if he had any.

    Our time together really helped me improve my mentality. I felt so happy and not alone. I wonder if this feeling was love. But, I didn’t want to jump ahead of my feelings. I quickly turned my thoughts back to my studies as Link would be here soon to pick me up. I usually had extra work to do but today I didn’t. I was very excited to not have anything extra.

    It was quite hard to find any information surrounding my power as it was so sacred. This is one time we should have kept a secret book that held all the experiences of my ancestors. Then I thought maybe we did have journals somewhere from my ancestors. I stood up to go ask the library if they might know of any personal documents from my family, but there was a knock on my door.

    I opened the door,

    “Hello, Link!” I smiled,

    “Hello, Zelda!” He said as I wrapped him in a big hug.

    “I had an epiphany and was just about to head to the library to check something quick. Want to come before we leave for whatever you have planned for today?”

    “Of course. I would get changed though. We are going outside the castle today.” Link smiled,

    “Alright then.” I shut the door to my room leaving Link outside. I quickly changed into my travel outfit and opened the door. “Ready!” I said as Link stood up from leaning against the wall. We walked towards the library.

    “If you don’t mind me asking Zelda, what do you need in the library?”

    “I was just wondering if there were any accounts of how my ancestors awoke their powers. I don’t know why I didn't think about it until now but I’m asking now right?”

    “True. Do you think they will have it?”

    “No, I don’t. I think it’s something my father would keep, but I can’t talk to him right now as you know. I thought I would ask the library if they know anything.”

    “Would you like me to ask him?” Link offered,

    “That’s kind of you but I think that will upset my father. I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

    “As you wish.” Link smiled slightly.
    When we arrived at the library I asked one of the librarians there if they might know of any personal journals my family might have kept. The librarians seemed unsure and asked the others if they knew anything about personal family records but they told me they couldn’t find anything as I had guessed. I thanked them and then Link and I left the castle on our horses.

    “So?” I asked, “Where are we going?”

    “The Applen Forest.”

    “I’ve never been there,” I said,