Chapter 5

After another day of travel, we ended up by Inogo Bridge. A bridge with two towers at its entrance. The entire bridge was made from luminous stone and as the sunset, it started to glow bright blue. As amazing as it was it did not catch my attention as much as the shrine did nearby. After I set up my tent, I took the time to study the small building. When Impa taught me about the technology she told me each shrine had a monk in it and each shrine was named after the monk. As I looked around the shrine I wondered what its name was.

       I walked around the platform that was in front but connected to the building. It seemed to have the Sheikah symbol planted in the center with a fancy decorative design around symbol. In front of me to the left was a small pedestal stand that also bore the Sheikah symbol. Then what I guessed to be the door was locked. It was just lines of Sheikah script over and over. Maybe a message on how to get in? I did not know how to read Sheikah script like Impa so I was at a loss.

      Maybe if I had my power I could get in? I could place my hand on the pedestal and the door would unlock for me. I soon pushed the thought away from my mind. It only made me unhappy and I did not need my unhappiness to ruin what I love. I can still be important without my power. I had to be, or else I was a failure just like everyone told me. I decided it was probably time for me to rest as I wasn’t thinking about anything positive.

       I rested well that night which helped clear my mind, even though it was still quite early in the morning when we had to leave. We received a message from my Father once we had left Foothill Stable explaining that I needed to come home earlier than planned. Why? He did not say, but my father wanted me in Zora’s Domain by the time morning broke. He told us Lady Mipha was aware of our early coming, and two maids were riding to Gerudo Town this morning to be there waiting for me. All I could guess was that my Knight had been assigned and wanted me to meet him. Not like it would be the first time.

This Morning I wore my favorite outfit. It was light blue with sleeves that went down to my wrist. It only covered the top part of my chest, I then wore a belt right at the end of the blue shirt. I wore black fingerless gloves over my hands. Under my blue shirt, I wore a white embroidered collared shirt. Then I had black trousers with my brown knee-high boots. I then put my hair as I always had it down with a braid band on top of my hair like a headband, and two small barrettes on either side of my head. We left around three in the morning and began our trip to Zora’s Domain Riding our horses as much and as fast as we could through the winding paths up to Zora’s Domain. I had heard that Lizofos had camped on this path, but as we traveled it seemed the monsters had been moved out making it safe for us to travel.

       By six in the morning, we had made it to the last bridge in Zora’s Domain. The Domain was beautiful. The whole place was completely made out of luminous stone. In the Center of the Domain was a beautiful water fountain with shops all around the center. Two ramps went up to the higher part of the Domain where the King sat. On top of the room where the king was, was a giant fish all completely made from luminous stone. As the city was beautiful I left for the Veiled Falls quickly to meet Mipha. Within an hour I made it to the top of the falls, where Mipha stood looking over Zora’s Domain.

       Zoras are part sea creature and looked about Hylian as The Rito. Mipha, instead of hair had a fishtail, like most Zora, that was red on the top and cream underneath. Her head was adorned with a silver crown that went around her head. Her forearms had pectoral fins coming from them, and finlets atop her shoulders. The fins under her finlets were bright blue with bright yellow, same for the pectoral fins but the were mostly blue with yellow tips. She then had finlets come from her back waist which was also red with the same blue and yellow colors peeking out from under the fins. She wore silver jewelry on her ankles, wrist, neck, and waist. She then had rope wrapped loosely over her right shoulder and neck. Her left shoulder had also sliver jewelry. Over her body, she had a dark blue sash with the Zora Symbol on it. Lastly, she held a beautiful silver trident known as The Light Scale Trident.

“Hello, Mipha!” I called out as I moved next to her. Mipha turned and smiled,

“Hello, Princess!” She said in a sweet sing-song voice as she bowed placing her trident over her heart. I bowed back in respect.

“Lady Mipha, I have come to ask for your aid in fighting Calamity Ganon and piloting the Divine Beast Vah Ruta. Will you accept this task?”

“Of course...I know that Calamity Ganon must not be resurrected. If he is, there is no way to ensure the safety of my people,” She looked over to Zora’s Domain ''or of anyone.” She looked down at the pond in front of us and knelt.

      “I do not know what will happen. All I know is that if there is anything I can do to help, I must try.” I smiled gratefully knowing Mipha was dedicated to helping us for the right cause.

“So, Princess… May I ask who the other chosen Champions are?” She asked standing up and turning to me, leaning her trident over her shoulder.

“Goron vigilance, Daruk. Rito confidence Revali. Gerudo spirit Urbosa. And also.” I took a breath, before saying my least favorite name in the world and rushing his title. “The Hylian with the sword that seals the darkness.” Mipha let out a small gasp as I pulled my hands to my ribs and clasped them together “Link.”

       Oh, how I hated saying his name. It felt like it was some tabooed word that would awake Calamity Ganon.

“Oh... “ Mipha said, turning away from me. She stepped closer to the edge of the waterfall looking down to the pond below. I stepped closer to the edge as well looking down to see a little red Zora looking up at us.

“Sidon! Hurry and swim-up here!” She called down to the small Zora Prince, Sidon, over the roar of the waterfall.

“Mipha…” I said holding my arms close to my sides. “Perhaps he is still too young to swim up this big waterfall.” Mipha took another step to the edge, flipping her trident spears downward.

       “One day, Princess…” She turned her head to me “I must leave him…To face my fate with Ruta.” She then smiled at me. Then she jumped twirling in mid-air then sliding down the waterfall. Before pushing off and diving in the pond. She soon popped out of the water and turned to Sidon. Soon the little Zora swam over and was on her back. She moved closer to the waterfall and with a mighty force she swam up the waterfall with Sidon holding onto her back. Soon enough Mipha Reached the top of the fall. She grabbed Sidon with one hand and in the other, she held her trident. They swirled in the air with water drops trailing behind them that dazzled in the sun like crystals. She landed gracefully and placed Sidon on the ground in front of her.

       He then turned around as Mipha knelt in front of him holding her trident at her side. I walked toward them as Mipha pulled a hand up to Sidons chin.

“Sweet Sidon. Should fate ever part us…” I stopped to listen and pulled my hand to my chest as I heard Sidon let out a small gasp. “I’m counting on you to protect our beloved home from harm. Understood?” She moved her hand to his rosy cheek. He nodded and she let go of his face. She smiled, but not like before almost a smile to hide sadness.

       “I believe in you. Now, shall we try one more time?” She said smiling joyfully and holding up her pointer finger. Sidon then took his arm and swung it so his hand was over his heart, and showed a very spiky toothy grin that sparkled. Mipha began to laugh and pat Sidon’s head as he also started to laugh. I then pulled my other hand to my heart enjoying this sweet moment between family. Soon Mipha and Sidon slid back down the waterfall together.

“Farewell Princess!” She called out.

“Good-bye, Mipha!” and with that, I got back to Zora’s Domain as fast as could.

   One Champion left… and the one I was most excited for.