Chapter 20

Yesterday Kol came back from his trip. I was so excited to see him and tell him everything that had happened. I was also very interested to hear about his trip and the things he had seen and done. I got dressed that morning as we had both planned to go to our spot to spend the day.

    Before noon we met at the stables.
    “Kol!” I exclaimed as I ran over to him and hugged him.

    “Whoa! Are you okay? We’ve been apart longer, I think?” he said looking into my eyes as if to see everything I was about to tell him.

    “A lot has happened. I also think a lot has happened for you… so let's go!” We quickly got onto our horses and went on a small journey. When we arrived we quickly sat under the tree we always sat under.

    “Okay, I want to know what you did first on your trip Kol. And I have a small question: ”How come we never ran into each other on Link and I’s trip? where were you?” When I said Link’s name his expression faltered a bit, but he answered my question nonetheless,

    “Well I was very fascinated with the Gerudo Canyon so I stayed there for a while and took in the scenery. I couldn’t get into Gerudo Town so I traveled around the dessert.”

    “Could you not find the person who sells the tradition Gerudo clothing?” I asked.

    “No I did, but they wouldn’t let me buy anything. I couldn’t even look at what they had. I don’t think I said what they wanted me to say.”

    “Well if you were there the whole time did you go to other places?”

    “Yes. I traveled to the great Plateau. I was able to meet some old friends who gave me some warm clothes to travel in. And I walked back to the Gerudo Highlands-”

    “Kol, that's dangerous the Yiga Clan lives there!”

    “Well, I didn’t see any Yiga, Must have been doing something else I guess.” He chuckled as I let out a sigh. “Anyway from there, I went back down south to the Lake Region and the Faron region. It was so beautiful and warm. And all the ruins from the Zonai tribe were so fascinating to look at.”

    “Wait if you went there that means-”

    “Ah! Wait, I want to say it.” He said covering my mouth. I chuckled, “The Faron region was the only region I hadn’t been to yet. I have officially traveled all over Hyrule!” He said punching his fists into the sky as I cheered.

    “Are all your poems done?” I was eager to read them.

    “Yes. But you can’t read the very last one yet.” He said handing me his book. I eyed him as he just smiled back at me. I was curious what the last poem was about so I tried to peek. Kol was quick though and slammed my hands in between the pages of the notebook. “I told you, you can’t read it yet!” He said, his ears bright red.

    “I won't! I was only teasing you.” He cautiously lifted his hands off the top of the book. I slid my hands out from under the page they were stuck under and opened to the first page of the book. I scanned the pages. Along with poems he had pictures of all of his favorite spots in the regions he had visited. Then he also pressed some of the plants he found on his journey in the book.

    “Well, how was your trip with your inscrutable knight?” I cringed hearing Kol say that. I really regretted the way I had thought about my knight before. But Kol didn’t know that I needed to set things right.

    “My trip with Link was fine. Actually, if Link hadn’t come I might not be here right now.”

    “Why? What happened?” Kol asked with a very concerned look on his face mixed with something else I couldn’t read.