Chapter 6

Ro, Zenith, and I traveled through the night. At around midnight I thought we would stop for the night, but Ro and Zenith had planned to travel until we arrived by Gerudo canyon. They told me I could sleep and my horse would know where to go, so with that, I held tight onto Storm and closed my eyes.

After some time had passed I could not sleep, after all, sleeping on a horse while it is walking is not the most comfortable. As we continued to travel I began to hear Ro and Zenith talk. They did not say anything that caught my attention until they began to talk about another knight.

"Wow! I knew he was something special, but... wow." Zenith said in astonishment

"But there's else..." Ro said slightly quieter. There was a moment where neither of them spoke before Ro said in a hushed voice,

"Rumor has it that he has been selected by the king to be her knight!"

"Princess Zelda's?" Zenith asked a bit too loud for Ro's liking

"Shhhhhh... If you say someone's name when they're drifting off to sleep it wakes them up you know." Ro said

"Really? I can't believe he you found this out from some Zora's Domain Guard, I mean those guys are like his best friend so..." Zenith asked surprised and the conversation changed

Who knew that I would dread going back home so much more than I already did. First I would have that Ceremony for the Champions, and then possibly another one for him being assigned as my knight. I mean I kinda already knew but hearing it from others puts it in perspective. Ugh, how I hated him. I dare not even say his name, it made me so mad. Before I knew it the Zenith, Ro, and I had made it the canyon. Who knew what time it was but it was late. Once I "woke up" I quickly set up my tent and went to bed and fell right asleep. When we woke up it was later than planned because I got woken up by Zenith shaking my tent.

"Excuse me Princess Zelda, but it is almost noon. We must be leaving as soon as we can." He said with panic in his voice.

With that, I quickly took down my tent and packed my bedding. Soon we were riding through Gerudo Canyon as fast as we could. We then arrived at Gerudo Canyon stable and booked our horses there. At the edge of the canyon by the stable, we could see vast Gerudo dessert spread out for miles. In front of us not too far away was Kara Kara Bazaar, a small oasis with shops around it. In the far distance was Gerudo town. We began to travel but did not go very far before having to drink a heat resistant elixir. Within an hour we made it to Kara Kara Bazaar. We continued past the Bazaar after grabbing some water so we wouldn't pass out.

We continued to walk through the sandy heat, Gerudo Town becoming ever so clearly. I soon saw to my right against the Gerudo Town walls was a shrine. Ever since I started to learn about ancient technology Urbosa would let me look around the shrine, it brought back happy memories. Once we made it into Gerudo town Ro and Zenith took me to my maid Ara and another maid who probably came at her request standing outside the walls of the Town. Once I was with them, Ro and Zenith headed back to Kara Kara Bazaar as men were not allowed in Gerudo town.

Gerudo town was made from mostly sandstone and was surrounded by tall thick walls with only three entries that were all guarded to keep men out. All stores were decorated in Gerudo tapestries. Most of the signs weren't written in Gerudo and some had Hylian translation on the bottom. The center of the town was lined with palm trees. In the back center was a waterfall that supplied the whole town clean with water. The water system ran along the tops of the walls inside the city. After I admired the town I followed my maids to where I needed to go next.

My maids were both wearing the usual head scarfs with a golden halo on their head with a red ruby falling from it. They then wore dark blue dresses that touched the floor with white embroidery at the end of the dresses. Then they both had red sashes on their waists with a golden belt over the sash. Down the front of the dresses was another red sash with the Hyrulen symbol on the front.