Chapter 10

It had been a while since the Inauguration Ceremony. Every day I had spent with my Knight since then at my Father's request. Though us being together for most of the day did not augment our relationship in the slightest. I feel I despise him more every day. But today was different. Today was the day the Court Poet would read the poem he had been working on. He recently returned from a trip from Rito Village to gather inspiration from the musicians that lived there.

He said he feels to have a special connection with the Rito and loves their culture. Though I don’t blame him, the Rito culture was fascinating and beautiful. I enjoy the times I’ve been able to visit Rito Village, though it has been few.

I quickly pulled myself out of bed and wore my formal gown again. It had been a while since I had worn this dress as the last time was when the Champions and I had the small Ceremony after the Inauguration. Once I was dressed I put on my crown and walked down to the Dining hall to grab breakfast.

Breakfast was delicious as ever and made me even more excited for the day. After breakfast, I went to the cooks and asked them if they could pack a small picnic basket for my small trip today and that I would pick up the basket a little afternoon. I didn’t have much else to do after that besides the small performance with the Court Poet so I decided to head back to my room and study. No one would bother me there. Today my Knight had training with the other soldiers and was gone the whole day. The thought made me smile just a bit. A day for me to be me.

I packed a small bag with a few books and the Sheikah Slate in it to take one my small trip. I then studied all I wanted for as long as I could before headed to the Sanctum. When the time came I was so excited I could hardly wait to get to the Sanctum. I ran up to the big doors of the Sanctum. There in the room was my Father with the Court Poet, Kol. They both turned to me as I tried to quiet my panting from running. My Father looked a bit surprised that I had run all the way here but I didn’t care. I could see Kol chuckled. All I could do was smile in response. I then bowed and said,

“Good afternoon Father and sir Kol.” I then stood back up and smiled slightly to both of them.

“It’s good to see you, Princess Zelda,” Kol said in his modulated tone

“I can’t wait to hear what you have written,” I said

“I can’t wait to share it with you.” Kol said smiling wider “Again I would like to apologize to Your Majesty for not being at the Inauguration Ceremony.” Kol said, turning to my Father placing a hand over his heart and bowing.

   “It’s no trouble sir Kol, we understand that you could not make it because of your sudden trip to Rito Village. Regardless, your poem will be an artifact and a piece of history forever.” My Father smiled, placing a hand on Kol’s shoulder.

“Come Zelda. Let us listen to sir Kol’s poem.” My Father gestured for me to follow him and I did so briskly walking to my Father.

   We stood at the top of the Sanctum overlooking the whole room as Kol stood in the middle with a sheet of paper in his hand. He took a breath in and began to speak.

“Once a Hero and a Princess,

Found four others of high valor,

Champions- Heroes of our distress,

They will train till the final hour,

To stop the Calamity,

They will fight,