Chapter 12

We planned to embark on our trip to Goron City this morning. It had been a month since we received the letters from the Champions telling us the state of their training. Daruk was the only one who seemed to be struggling with the controls. My Knight and I planned to head Goron City to help aid Daruk in gaining control of his Divine Beast.

I was looking forward to seeing Daruk but was not ecstatic to be with my Knight on another trip. Though the last trip we went one was not as awful as I had dreaded it to be. Still, I despised him. His silence made me uneasy. Why is it he refuses to talk so little? I decided to stop dwelling on things I couldn’t wrap my head around.

I opened my eyes to stare at the red drapes above my four-poster bed. I turned my head to look out the window. The stars were still in the sky and there wasn’t a trace of the sun yet. I decided since I couldn’t sleep to get up and start my travels now. I got dressed and left a note on my bed saying Purah had sent me to the Gatepost Town with a few other Sheikah members. Impa had told me that I was allowed to use her as an excuse to leave the castle when I was 14. I had never used this offer until now, but I never needed a reason to escape my home until now.

     Gatepost town was where Sheikah members from the castle studied The Sheikah Tech up on the Plateau. I knew that I wouldn’t make it in enough time, but I didn’t care. My Knight could just meet me at Gatepost Town when I got there. Purah was at Gatepost town at the moment and I wanted to see what was happening in the world I cared about.

I was packed for my trip to Goron City and left the castle through the secret passageway through the Library to the docks. Purah showed me how to pull out the metal bookshelf so I could sneak out here whenever I wanted. Impa and Robbie told her not to show me but she did anyway. As I thought about the things Purah taught me I realized half of them were ways to escape life problems. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she had some rebellious teenage years.

The way down the secret passageway looked like a mineshaft with stone steps down the hall. Once I had walked down the steps into the docks I could see two guards watching the entryway into the docks on the other side of the room. The room was a big cave that had a white stone building built into it. I walked past the beacon in the center of the balcony on the floor I was on to get a better look at the guards.

From what I could tell they seemed to be distracted talking to each other. I quickly but quietly crept down the stairs to my right. Making sure to stay close to the columns to hide in case the guards turned their heads in my direction. I then crouched down by the stone railing over the docks and slowly walked across the stone stairs. When I was down the steps I continued to crawl across the stone even slower. I walked over to the very small staircase that went into the water. I held the Sheikah Slate tightly to my waist and slowly submerged myself into the water.

I swam as quietly as I could and as close to the tall rock the guards sat on. After a while of “stealth swimming” I was out of the cave the docks were in. Once I felt I wasn’t going to get spotted I started swimming as fast as I could to shore. It was quite hard to swim through the water as the current kept pushing me back toward the docks. Eventually, the current changed and pushed me in the direction of the land. When I got to shore I quickly rang out my hair, took my shoes off, and shook the water out of them. I then slipped back on my boots and started running up the hill.

I continued the journey around the edge of the mote of the castle. When I reached the breach of demise I started to follow the path to Carok bridge. After crossing the bridge I continued to walk off from the path down to Gatepost Town through central Hyrule. As I walked I wondered if anyone had checked my note on my bed. I wondered if anyone even cared if I was gone. Was anyone looking for me? I hoped the note I left on my bed wouldn’t get Purah and me in trouble when I returned home.