Chapter 13

We woke up early then next morning to help Daruk better master the controls of his Divine Beast. A truly splendid idea came into my head as I planned out the morning. I would send my Knight with Daruk to have a second perspective on how to help better control the Divine Beast. This way I could be alone for a bit and it would benefit my research. I proposed my genius idea to my Knight and Daruk once we were ready.

"Daruk," I said holding the Sheikah Slate to my chest. Daruk turned to look at me as I said, "What if my Knight were to accompany you up to your Divine Beast and help you on it. It might also help teach us how to help you control the machine better if we have someone riding along with you." Without a doubt, Daruk responded,

"If it will help ya, tiny princess of course." Daruk smiled. Soon after my Knight and Daruk left to get onto the Divine Beast Vah Rudania. I waited at the highest place I could find in Goron City giving me a clear view of the Divine Beast on Death Mountain. By late morning Daruk and my Knight were on the Divine Beast. For about an hour they circled Death Mountain. I figured they had gotten enough information would come back so we could make adjustments for Daruk where needed.

Soon another hour passed, then another, and another, until it was late afternoon. As I sat down, done analyzing I watched Vah Rudania circle behind Death Mountain once again. Though when it came around to the other side of Death Mountain it was crawling over the rocks around the Volcano. As the machine crawled it let out a roar. The Beast then stopped moving. I sat and stared at it from afar. Maybe my Knight had helped him gain control of his Divine Beast. Why didn't I think of just letting Daruk practice all day with his Divine Beast?

Is my Knight going to take all the credit for helping Daruk master the controls? Am I just going to be seen as a useless princess again? I started to feel sad and angry. My Knight was just becoming a further reminder of my burdens. I felt I was digging myself into a deep hole. My thoughts then got interrupted by the earth-shaking furiously. I could barely keep my balance, I looked to where Daruk and my Knight were in just enough time to see the top of the mountain of rocks on the other side of the Divine Beast shake free. The large boulders started to fall over the Divine Beast and some onto Vah Rudania.

Most of them bounced off the machine, Except for one that broke as it made contact with the Divine Beast. I looked to Death Mountain to see if it had erupted. If it had, my Knight and I needed to leave as quickly as possible. But, Death Mountain was as quiet as it had been moments ago. It didn't look like it had caused the shaking. And then it hit me. What if it had been Ganon? What if he could sense Daruk had mastered the control over his Divine beast and tried to resurrect just know. What if he had resurrected just now? I wouldn't have been ready. Would the Champions have been ready? Would they even fight alongside a powerless princess...? I began to cry. If Ganon came any second I would have been completely defenseless.

I eventually was able to pull myself together in enough time for when Daruk and my Knight returned. I walked up to them and asked how it had gone and what happened with the earthquake.

"How did it go? Were you guys safe from that weird earthquake?" I looked more at Daruk as I spoke.

"Well, Link here just pushed me inside the machine and had me keep going until eventually, I seemed to get control over Rudania. And those boulders didn't lay a scratch on us, we were perfectly safe." Daruk said smiling,

"Well, that's good to hear. I watched those boulders fall and hoped they didn't hurt you or Vah Rudania. Did the machine function fine after the boulders hit it?" I asked Daruk as he

"I couldn't tell a difference when controllin' it again, so I think it's okay," Daruk said as he scratched his head. "Well, why don't you two pack up and meet me back in my hut and we can say our goodbyes there. Alright?" My Knight and I both nodded. When we got to the inn we realized we didn't have much to pack up. We didn't bring too much because most of our things were not fireproof. We just had our fireproof elixirs and empty elixir bottles. Once we had "packed" we went to Daruk. When we walked into his hut he seemed to have been writing on a stone tablet of some sort. When he saw us he sat the stone tablet down.