Chapter 13 - Kidnapped... By Elijah

-Cassidy’s POV-

I woke up in a strange room, in a strange bed. I hear voices coming from somewhere nearby, and I stranded to hear what was being sad, but I couldn’t. I thought back to where I was and how I had gotten here, and my eyes widened when I remembered what had happened the previous day, including Elijah kidnapping me. At that moment, the door to the room opened.

“Good morning.” Elijah said as he stepped into the room, staying by the door.

“Good morning.” I whispered, sitting up, but making sure the covers stayed over me. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, but I somehow felt safer if I was covered.

“I must apologize, my dear. I was so surprised to see you yesterday that I acted quite impulsively.” Elijah said, looking at me, but staying in the doorway. I looked at him, shocked at his apology.

“Um, it’s alright. I was surprised to see you, too. I mean, since you were supposed to be dead. Although, I guess I kinda knew you weren’t from the dreams, but…” I rambled, only to be cut off by Elijah’s smile and chuckle.

“You ramble when your nervous, Cassidy. And dreams?” he questioned. I blushed.

“Um, yeah. I have had a few dreams, rather vivid ones, since we met.” I said, looking at my hands.

I felt the bed dip, and looked up in surprise to see Elijah suddenly on the bed next to me. He looked at me questioningly as he reached and took one of my hands in his.

“Have you dreamed of me often, Cassidy?” Elijah asked and I blushed.

“Only every once in a while. And those few vivid dreams.” I whisper, looking down.

Suddenly, his hand was under my chin and he lifted my face to meet mine.

“I have dreamed of you as well, my dear. And as for those vivid dreams, they were of my creation. I wanted a chance to talk to you, but I needed to lie low and take care of a few things, so I couldn’t do it personally.” he explained. I blushed again at his words.

“You’ve… dreamt of me?” I asked softly. I heard his light chuckle.

“I have. I have no idea why, but I have.” he said. I looked up at him again and smiled.

We sat staring at each other for a few minutes before an older man appeared in the doorway.

“Elijah. What is the plan for tonight?” he asked, obviously not affected by what was happening in the room.

Elijah broke our stare and turned to the man.

“I am going to visit Miss. Gilbert to offer her our deal, Jonas. Jonas, this is Cassidy Monroe. Cassidy, this is Dr. Jonas Martin. He is a warlock who is a friend of mine.”

“Nice to meet you, Dr. Martin.” I said. He nodded at me.

“Likewise, Miss. Monroe.” he said, before turning back to Elijah. “That sounds like a good plan. What about Miss. Monroe?” he asked. I turned to look at Elijah as he sighed.

“I will take her with me, so Miss. Gilbert knows that no harm has come to her, and then I will be escorting her home.” he says as he looked back at me. I offered him a small smile, which he returned, before turning back to Dr. Martin. Dr. Martin nodded, then walked away. Elijah turned back to me.

“So, Cassidy. Tell me about yourself. I have told you a lot about me, but I would like to know more about you.” Elijah said. I sighed, and thought a minute, before I told him about my life – my parents, my siblings, my dad’s death, and everything. Elijah didn’t interrupt once, just sat and listened, which I appreciated.

When I was done, Elijah commented on a few things.

“It sounds as if your young life has had both its ups and downs. I am glad to see you have pulled through all the hardships with such grace. And I am sorry about the loss of your father.”

I nodded, and looked down.

“Thank you. And thank you for listening.” I whispered. I looked up to see him nod.

“Of course, my dear. But now, I am afraid we must be going. I have some things I need to do, and I am afraid that our time together is drawing to a close.” Elijah said as he stood up. He offered me his hand, which I took and he helped me to my feet. He let go of my hand after a moment, and lead the way to the front door. I followed.

“We will be leaving now, Jonas. I will return later.” Elijah said as we passed a table, where Dr. Martin was seated, reading a very old-looking book.

“Alright. I’ll see you later, Elijah. Goodbye, Miss. Monroe.” Jonas said, looking up from his book for a few moments.

“Goodbye, Dr. Martin.” I said, before following Elijah out of the apartment.

He led me to his car, and opened the passenger door for me, closing once I was settled in and then walking around to the drivers’ side.

We drove in silence for a while, before my curiosity finally got the better of me.

“So where are we going? And what do you need to talk to Elena about?” I asked, turning to look at Elijah. He smirked.

“I was wondering when you would ask. Such a bright girl. We are going to the Gilberts residence, where I will pose a writer, researching small towns in Virginia. Miss. Gilberts aunt is helping with records about Mystic Falls, as her sister kept most of them. You will just happen to have been coming over and were at the door when I arrived. I will then find an opportunity to speak to Elena about a deal I wish to create with her, and after, you can either stay with Elena, or I will escort you home.” he explained. I nodded.

“What deal?” I asked curiously. He chuckled.

“All will be revealed in time.” he said mysteriously. I sighed and sat back, thinking for a time.

“This Klaus that is after Elena. Is he your brother?” I asked suddenly, remembering one of the dreams where he discussed his family. He had mentioned a brother, Niklaus, and it really wasn’t much of a stretch to Klaus.

Elijah looked at me, shocked for a moment, before containing his emotions.

“Yes. He is.” he said after a moment.

“Do you want to take Elena to him?” I asked.

“No. I want to draw him out with her.” he said.

“Why?” I asked. There was a tense silence for a few minutes.

“Because I am going to kill him.” was his eventual answer.

A/N: So this is a really quick update since I haven’t posted anything in a while. How is Cassidy going to react to this? What will happen next? We’ll see!! Until next time!!