Chapter 7 - Rolling with the Homies

A/N: Just so everyone know, this isn't following the exact storyline. 'K. Just keep that in mind...

Enjoy!

-Cassidy's POV-

After Ty was done showering, and an awkward goodbye with Mason, we jumped into my car and headed to the Grille. I figured Elena wouldn't be there, with going to Duke and all, but I wasn't sure if anyone else was there.

When we arrived, and walked in, I saw Stefan and Bonnie talking together. By the looks of things, it was serious, so I left them be, and lead Tyler to the pool tables. 

“Ready to get your ass kicked?” I teased, grabbing a cue. Tyler laughed.

“In your dreams, sweet cheeks.” he teased back, elbowing me in the ribs. I shoved him back, laughing.

“Whoa, whoa. No fighting!” Matt teased, walking up to us, hands up in front of him and a serious face that was fighting a smile. We laughed, and looked at each other, and nodded. On an invisible signal that we had perfected over the years, we charged Matt. He didn't have time to move before we plowed into him, Tyler pushing him, and me grabbing his arm to prevent him falling. The result was a wicked sense of whiplash.

“Really guys?!?: Matt laughed, shaking his head and waving his arm.

“You kinda asked for it, bro.” Tyler pointed out, grinning. Matt just chuckled, shaking his head.

“You working?” I asked him, to which he shook his head.

“Not today. Just hanging out.” he replied.

“Great. You can play loser. We can make a little tournament out of it. Loser plays Matt, and winner of that game plays the first winner. Third place buys food, second place buys drinks, winner get free stuff. Deal?” I said, looking at the two of them. They looked at each other then nodded.

“Deal.” they said in unison. We all shook hands on it.

“Me and Ty first. Keep track, would ya, Matty?” I asked, using my sugar sweet voice and fluttering my eyelashes. Matt just chuckled and agreed.

**--**

About 10 minutes later, I had beaten Tyler solidly.

“Aw. Too bad Ty.” I said, fake pouting. He just glared at me while me and Matt laughed. Tyler hated to lose.

While Matt and Tyler played the neck game, I looked around, noticing that Stefan and Bonnie were gone. I wondered what they were up to, but decided to ask later – maybe it was a surprise for Elena. 

“Oh, hey, Cass?” I heard Tyler call. I turned and raised my eyebrows at him.

“Forgot to tell you – I'm throwing a little party at the swim hole later. We can head over after our tournament.”

I nodded. “Okay, but then we have to change the prizes. Third place has to get drinks for second all night, and second has to get drinks for winner all night. Deal?”

“Deal.” they agreed readily, and finished up their game. Tyler barely beat Matt.

“Aw. Poor Matty. Tyler's drink servant all night...” I pouted. I had secretly been hoping Tyler would lose, but he would lose to me and have to serve me, so that worked out okay anyway.

Matt frowned, and passed the cue to me. 

“Ready to lose again?” I asked Tyler, winking at him. He frowned.

“You're own. Bring it, Big Red.” he said, causing me to frown at him. 

“Let's do this.” I said, starting the game.