Chapter 14 - Elijah and Elena's Deal

-Cassidy’s POV-

I stared over at Elijah in shock and disbelief. He glanced at me every few seconds before looking back at the road.

“You… want… to kill… your brother?” I finally managed to ask, stringing out the words as they came out, trying to make sense of them.

“Yes.” came his short reply.

“Why?!” I exclaimed. Elijah sighed, and pulled the car to a stop.

“Because. He has taken my siblings from me, and I cannot forgive him for that. So I will end his life as he ended theirs.” he explained. I just gaped at him, trying to wrap my head around all of this.

“We are here.” Elijah finally said after a moment. I looked up to realize that he had pulled into
Elena’s driveway when he had stopped. I looked back at him and nodded.

He got out, and came around, opening my door and offering me his hand to help me out. I took it, and walked with him to the door, still holding his hand. Shocks were running up and down my arm. As he knocked on the door, he looked at me and smiled, and let go off my hand. I smiled back, trying to hold my disappointment in that he let go.

Jenna opened the door, and smiled at us.

“Hey Cass. It’s been a while. Elena’s not here right now, but you can come in and wait.” she said, looking at me. Then she turned to Elijah, and stuck out her hand.

“And you must be Elijah, the historian. Carol said you would be coming to look at Miranda’s records. I’m Jenna Sommers, her sister. Please come in.” she said, holding the door wide and motioning with her arm. We both stepped in, and she closed the door. She walked over to the closet and opened it, leaning down. I went over and sat on the couch, and Elijah went and stood by her.

“All her papers are in here.” she yelled, thinking Elijah was still by the door. Elijah smiled.

The door opened and shut, and Elena called, “Jenna?”

Jenna stood up and looked at Elena. “Hey sweetheart. Just digging through your mom’s old history papers. Carol asked me to help this author.” Elijah stepped towards Elena. Her mouth dropped open, but she recovered quickly. But her face was one of pure shock.

Jenna didn’t notice, and introduced them.

“Elena, this is Elijah Smith. Elijah, this is my niece, Elena.”

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, Elena.” Elijah said, sticking out his hand. Elena took it hesitantly and shook it.

“Well, these boxes are all her papers.” Jenna said, turning back to Elijah. “Do you want to carry them out, or do you want me to have the kids do it?”

“I’ll send someone tomorrow to pick them up.” Elijah said.

“Good call.” Jenna said.

“It was lovely meeting you, Jenna. Elena. Cassidy.” Elijah said, smiling at each of us in turn. Elena snapped her head to look at me on the couch, eyes going wide when she saw me. I smiled and waved.

“I must be going.” Elijah said, causing us both to look at him again. “I hope to see you all again soon.” he said, walking out. I looked at the door, puzzled. I thought he wanted to talk to Elena.

Jenna went back to the kitchen, and Elena motioned me to follow her as she ran up the stairs. I followed slowly and heard her pound on Jeremy’s door.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Elijah warned, standing beside her, just as I reached the top of the stairs. Jeremy opened his door.

“What?” he asked Elena.