Chapter 18°

Chapter 18° Necklaces and leather-jackets

oOoOoOo

The Christmas morning came around and Carrie was sitting on her bed, letting the golden sun hit her face. A thick layer of snow and ice followed the wind for the past days. The white snowflakes were making everything look like a winter-dream. And it was exceptionally beautiful. 

Carrie had already opened the gifts from her parents and friends downstairs and gifted hers to them. But sitting on her bed in her room, there were four gifts left. One from each of the marauders. She was really happy about getting something from them. Not because she wanted them to spend money on her, but because it showed that they cared as much about her, as she started to care about them in the past months. She had also bought something for each of them as well. 

Taking the smallest of the packages first, it simply said 𝒻𝓇ℴ𝓂 𝒮𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓊𝓈 in an elegant writing. She ripped off the paper carefully, revealing a deep-blue jewelry box. Carrie gasped at the sight of the necklace laying inside it. It was silver and looked really expensive. However, another fact caught her eye a lot quicker. The design. It was a half-moon and in between there was a star. Sirius, the star and Carrie Luna, the moon. He remembered, she thought. He remembered the night of their date, as well as she did. The hours they spent, watching the stars and the moon, talking about their names and the whole astrology. 

Carrie was completely overwhelmed. Her eyes started glancing in tears and her heart beat as fast as ever. Once again, these butterflies interrupted the soft feeling, leaving her torn of all those feelings. It's perfect, she thought smiling brightly. It's absolutely perfect.

Quickly she opened the necklace, putting it around her neck. Walking towards the mirror, facing herself, her breath itched. It looked breathtaking, more beautiful than everything she'd ever seen so far. The filigree designs were amazingly perfect and now they adorned her delicate neck. However, a feeling of guilt and regret suddenly filled her body. It must've cost a fortune and my present is so worthless compared to this, she thought. Why did he have to send me something this perfect? Why would he spent this much money on me? 

Trying to shake off that feeling, she started opening the other presents, the paper revealing some books from Remus, of course. It might sound cliched and boring, but it made Carrie incredibly happy. To her books and writing was the art she adored most on this world and she was happy to have found someone who adores it as much as she does. Peters had sent her a drawing of herself from the detention they shared weeks ago. It showed the time where she was talking with Remus, being so passionate and enthusiastic about Inkheart. And once again Carrie was fascinated by Peter and his work. He told her about his drawings once, but never showed her some of it. And this one right here was realistically perfect. This shy boy was so unspoken, but could his drawings showed every single emotion. He deserved so much more attention and credit. She got him a cd-player, that she told him about in mugglestudies. In addition, she send him three of her favorite tapes and wrote a little message.