Chapter 22°

Chapter 22° You stole my heart

oOoOoOo

It was finally time. The day or should I say evening of the annual valentines ball had come around. And just in time for this great awaited event the snow had thought of falling once again in its brightest manner. It seemed as though the great sense of love that filled the castle had the snow falling for someone special as well. Now it was finally ready to settle down and rest until it's great comeback in many months. The whole castle was decorated with lights in shades of white and rosé while the walls were covered in lovely garlands. It was a dream come true. Even to Carrie who was usually the one to hate these sort of event.

Belle and Carrie were currently in their dorm getting ready. They were almost done but final touched in terms of makeup and outfit still had to be made. Everything had to be perfect. They really wanted it to. But perfect still had to come around as their room was currently filled with clothes all over the place, makeup spread on all counters available and accessories being picked apart.

"Merlin, I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It's valentine's day already, can you believe that?" Belle screeched as she fiddled her arms through the sleeves of her yellow dress. She was glowing in the most literal way possible. It was as though she was glowing golden. The way her locks were loosely put up, the shiny the fabric that fell down her legs. She really looked like a princess.

Meanwhile Carrie was a lot more calm. We'll, at least externally. She appeared to be relaxed and ready for what's to come but on the inside things were looking really different. She was nervous. She really was. Because she was accompanying Sirius to the ball. Sirius Black. The flirt of Gryffindor that she had just begun to get to know a few months ago. Sirius black that turned out to be so very different from what she thought. Sirius Black, the boy that stole her heart in this process. If someone would have told Carrie about her incoming feelings for him she would have laughed at their face. With enthusiasm too. But now she couldn't help but laugh about herself. About how wrong she was when it came to Sirius Black and about how he made her feel. She did not see this coming at all.

For the first time in her life she was not prepared but it seemed as though this was only for the best.

"I can't believe this at all, Belle." She said aloud. "None of it."

Belle gave her friend a knowing look. Because she knew just exactly what Carrie was thinking about. "I have no idea why I'm nervous, really. I mean, I understand why you are but me? I've got no reason to be nervous." She chattered quickly.

"Maybe you are nervous because you'll get get to dance with Pete?" Carrie asked knowingly.

"Oh shut up."

oOoOoOo

"My dear students of all ages and years. I am more that happy to be able to welcome you all to the annual valentines ball of this year." Dumbledore started his speech, looking down at his students. They were standing in front of him expectantly.