Chapter 65: brought to you by Daddy's Girl

I should probably be doing productive things, being a grown adult with adult responsibilities, but...let's go write a wish-fulfillment fanfiction with sexy man harems and all the babies you could ever want! Muwahahaha! Maturity is for suckers! 

Back to your usual program...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much like Sky, everyone was awakened in the middle of the night by the cries of the newly transformed girls, which in turn woke up Sky, who started to cry in confusion.

"My ears!" whimpered Parker.

"Well, every animal within a day's travel is sure to be frightened away now," said Curtis as he pulled up each girl from his turret of red coils. "Shay?"

"I know, I know." Shay's mother instincts directed her towards the crying more than her still asleep brain as she clambered out of Ryan's arms and fur. Said brain was still half gone in a dream about a mansion that kept growing halls and extra rooms.

Through bleary eyes she saw two little red-heads, mouths open in wails, being handed to her. One wore furs and the other did not.

"Hush hush, babies, it's okay," a few more bleary blinks. The halls had faded. "Good-night my child and now it's time--wait..."

Where was the third? Sky had already started to calm at the sight of Shay, though her new little sister--her features still hard to tell outside her red hair and pale skin in the night--seemed all the more startled by the loud, monstrous noises leaving her own mouth. Sky was leaning away from her, pushing at the wailing head.

"Ryan, take Sky!" she had to yell to be heard. "Curtis? Weren't there three?"

"She's right here," said Curtis, holding out another little red-headed body for her to see as Ryan plucked Sky from her hands.

It wasn't till Shay had finally calmed the screaming one that she was able to hear the whimpers of the other newly transformed girl. Hugging the first to her chest, she reached out to pet the new little head, which pressed into her hand, but didn't let go of Curtis's arm.

"Da, da, da," she whimpered.

More than fully awake now, Shay smiled. "It seems we may have a Daddy's Girl."

"What is that?"

"A female that is especially attached to her father. What would you like to name them? You did say females get their names at birth. I mean, technically speaking, even if they were males they've transformed now so they earn their names too, right?"

"Are you sure you want me to name them?"

"Of course. I already named Sky. No point naming her something else other than her nickname."

Curtis went quiet, holding the whimpering toddler clamped to his forearm like a bomb.

"Hold her properly. She's probably afraid you're going to drop her."

He hesitated, then brought the arm to his chest, then wrapped his other arm around her back.

"It...it can wait till morning," he said. I'd like to be able to see their faces in the sunlight before I decide."

Getting back to sleep was easier than it should have been for having two new little bodies pressed up against her chest, nuzzling angrily for space to hear her heartbeat. But then it was morning and baby snakes were whizzing about, getting underfoot and generally in the way.