Chapter 104: brought to you by Winnie-the-Pooh

Today on "Whose that Poke'Mate?": Tony joins the harem, Neara gets a spy, and Orson hates his codename. Also, Lowefantasy still thinks of Tony as Yogi Bear.

___________________________

Tony arrived in the throne room with wide eyes and a small frown. Winston stood in the corner, next to Neara and Orson. Other than the four of them, the large room was empty. He'd ordered the rest of the castle, including the Ape Beastmen, to clear dry weeds away from the new wall and the planting fields.

"What's this about, Tiger King?" Tony eyed Neara suspiciously.

She suppressed a smile, biting her cheek. He was going to flip when he saw who she really was, but for now, she enjoyed the lack of attention.

"We have a female in need of a guardian, and we thought you would be the best person to help." Winston looked at him, unmoving. Tony's height almost matched Winston, although you'd need to measure in centimeters or something to find the difference. Their similarities ended there, as Tony's short dark hair and dark eyes contrasted with Winston's pale coloring. Winston's had a muscular frame, a la Brendan Fraser in 'George of the Jungle' but Tony looked like he hit the gym three times a day and sweated Muscle Milk, bulging from every possible angle.

Tony cocked his head. "I'm sorry, but my heart is sworn to Neara, and Neara alone."

"I thought she was chased out of the City?" Orson said mockingly.

"Well, yes, but I didn't know that until she was gone. Who are you?" His head leaned the other way. "You look like that Sheep that was her mate."

Neara wiped her face with a damp cloth and stepped out from behind Winston. She didn't know what to say, but thankfully Tony had plenty of words.

"Neara!" His eyes lit up and he raced to her side, almost knocking Orson over. "I never thought I'd see you again!" He squatted in front of her so their eyes were level. It was both adorable and degrading. "Why did you cut your hair? And smear that black stuff on your face? Are you in hiding?" His eyes widened and he slapped a hand over his mouth. "Shoot, I probably shouldn't have said anything, right?"

Orson dragged Tony backwards by his ear, a vein throbbing in his head. "Listen, you blood-soaked scrap of wasted brain, Neara's being hunted by the Ape King and you need to keep her safe."

Winston nodded and turned on his threatening aura, making Tony lose all color. "I have been thinking of ways to destroy you slowly ever since you first met her. I will use them all."

Tony nodded and gulped nervously. "Sure thing! No problem! I... I'd be glad to be her guardian. All she had to do was ask."

"Thanks, Tony." Her voice sounded tender and soft behind the dagger... er... claw-laced words of Orson and Winston. "I appreciate you wanting to help me. My fake name's Agatha, so make sure you only call me Agatha, especially in front of other beastmen."

The blood returned to his face in a flood. "Nea..Agatha. It's a good name to hide behind." His eyes started shining and Neara backed up a step, holding out her hand for more black powder.

Orson handed it over with a scowl. "Don't get any ideas."

"I'll do whatever she wants." His voice sounded dreamy. "Anything for Neara."

"Agatha," she gently reminded.

"Agatha." He smiled as she smeared the dark substance over her face again. "Wait, Ape King wants to hunt you? Doesn't he eat fruits and things like that?"

Neara shot Orson a look before he could say something sarcastic and finished spreading the black around. "I think he's threatened by the powerful beastmen that are... um, that are my friends. So he probably wants me out of the City so he can control it."