Chapter 144: brought to you by dude friends part 2

LoweFantasy has been hired on as a ghostwriter as well as to work on her webnovel that is going to be adopted by some webnovel publishers, so she has to vouch out of the story. Therefore, I, Tyndali, the co-writer, will be finishing it up!

_______________________________________

"I've always thought of myself as having big plans, you know? Like I want to found a City or learn how to make ancient structures or something." Benedict's tail flicked against her shoulder as he wrapped it around himself, the tip resting against the corner of his mouth. Stars barely twinkled in the sky, outshone by the gorgeous three moons hanging above them.

"Something that says, 'I was here.'"

"Yeah, it'd be pretty cool if the house could talk, but what I really mean is that I want to feel..."

"I mean something that makes other people remember you."

"Oh, right, that. Yeah, I'd like to be remembered."

They stared in silence for a few more minutes.

"I have this idea about beastmen being on the moons..."

Neara barely chuckled. "Yeah, you've told me."

"I did? Well, did I tell you it's where Scorpions and Snakes and Merpeople come from?" He pointed upward. "The gold one has Scorpions, the orange one has Snakes and the purple one has Merpeople."

"Yeah, and meteors are how they come down."

"Not meaty-ores. They're baby seeds. They crack open when they hit the ground and a beastman slithers out."

"Sure, sure."

"There's one right there!" He pointed a claw upward, the fire gleaming off the edge.

The light streaked over the orange moon, briefly disappearing behind the lavender one before reappearing and continuing its flight.

"Make a wish!" She closed her eyes instinctively and wished to be back before this all happened. Wake up, eat peach instant oatmeal, meet Shay after class for cinnamon rolls, go to another class...

"Why are you closing your eyes?"

"What?"

"Your eyes. That's not how you wish." He held up his tail, plucked a single hair, then let it fall into the fire. "There."

"What did you wish for?" Beastman version of blowing an eyelash off your finger, I guess.

He grimaced slightly, mouth pulling down. "What?"

"Your wish. What was it for?"

"You offer a piece of yourself to the fire and hope it won't consume the rest of you. What else is there to wish for?"

"For you? A female that will tolerate your smelly butt." She shoved him playfully, the smell of burning hair flickering in her nose.

"More like a female with a tasty male." He raised his eyebrows when she laughed.

"Ok, ok, maybe just getting rid of your insecurity that no female will ever love you so you hide yourself away to avoid even the possibility of being rejected?"

"Hm.... no. I'm going with the first one, thank you very much."

They stared at the fire in comforting silence.

"Do you think we're going to run into them tomorrow?"

"Probably. I can smell other beastmen, which usually means they're close." He rested his chin on his arms, his tail wrapping around his feet.