(12) Feeling More

A/N- (Hey guys, I'm sorry it's taking so long to update but I've been really busy lately. Thank you sm for 4K and I hope y'all are loving it. Enjoy!)
_____________________

"Do you have a mate?" I finish, waiting for the answer I'm sure would make my heart crumble..

~Currently~

It was such a simple question and yet it seemed to carry the most suffocating weight. It felt as if there were thousands of bricks on my chest and the only source of relief was that one word.

'No'

That was all I wanted him to say, it was the only word I wanted to leave those beautiful lips.

Those beautiful, beautiful lips..

But I knew better than to be so hopeful..

I glance up at him with sad eyes, bracing myself for the inevitable. Watching him as his mouth slowly opens and closes again, trying to find the right words to put it in.

I feel my heart clench when his expression finally settles, a sad smile permanently taking over his features.

Why does he look so sad..

He turns to me with an empty look in his eyes and finally goes to answer. "No." He blankly says and my stomach turns, not yet processing the unexpected answer.

I start to speak in a shaky tone. "Oh.. I se- wait did you say no?" I cut my self off, finally processing what he said.

..he doesn't, but how?

I can't help the butterflies that immediately form in my stomach, and the happiness that follows in their wake.

I know it's selfish to let such a sad thing bring me joy, but I just can't stop it. The thought of him belonging to someone was too much to bare, and now that I know it's not true I couldn't but be shocked, and even a little happy..

I was wrong..

It was still in question as to why I wished such things, and why they made me feel they way they did, but I have some idea.

'You like him.'  A voice says in my head but I had already excepted that possibility. There was no point in denying it after all this time.

It would only be a lie..

But this was different, this feeling felt stronger than just a basic crush. I knew it was selfish to develop any sort of feelings towards the blonde, but I would be an idiot if I didn't admit that it had happened.

I had developed a crush on my boyfriend's best friend and still couldn't admit that it had started to blossom into more..

'You've started to fall for him havnt you?' The voice questions, but I quickly brush off the unreasonable thought.

I wasn't falling for him, I couldn't be. I was with Suna and Naruto was his friend, I could never even dream of pursuing such feelings.

It wasn't possible.

Having a crush was okay, but love.. love was not aloud. It was forbidden for me to let myself have that, for me to even think that he would want that.