(17) Broken

A/N- (Btw, in this time the sun is not a ball of fire in space, it's an energy that is the center of there world. Basically it's almost thought of as a cherished person, or their god.)

(Also please vote if you enjoy it, I didn't get too many votes last chapter and it makes me saddd. ENJOY!)
_____________________

The Tale Of The Moon And The Sun

There was once a light.

It was a light so powerful that it brought life to everything around it, shining upon the abyss of the universe, until that darkness was no more. The gods and goddesses that romed our earth at the time cherished this light so dearly that they decided to give it a name.

The Sun.

It was so beautiful that nobody thought it needed anything more. Nobody thought that maybe even it craved for something.

Except for one.

"It's all alone." A youthful women said, her beauty almost as radiant as the light she was speaking of.

In time they would call her The Mate Goddess.

"What do you mean?" One of the gods asked. He was her best friend. "It has more beauty than anything, what more could such a simple thing want?" He chuckled, finding the idea somehow humorous.

She paused for a moment, continuing to stare at energy with a frown on her face.

"Something to share its world with of course." She says after a moment, smiling to herself as the marvelous idea pops into her head.

He frowns. "What do you mean, why would it ever want to share such greatness with something else?" He questions, completely facing towards her at the mention of such a random idea.

She shakes her head. "Don't you see? Somethings always been missing in this place, an emptiness that we could never pinpoint in our lives. What if it was the fact that we've only claimed one person as our own?" She ask, looking at him expectantly.

He tilts his head. "And who would that be?" He ask in confusion.

"Well ourselves of course." She immediately says, her eyes brightening as if it was the most foolish thing she had ever said.

"What if it didn't have to be that way, what if it didn't have to be so lonely? What if it became normal to share our lives with someone else?" She asked, the stream of questions leaving her mouth so fast he can barely keep up.

He would be lying if he said the idea didn't sound even the slightest bit magical though.

"What exactly are you proposing?" He questions, trying to act unfazed in the matter.

She smiles as the idea pops in her head.  "Mates. A person destined to be with us from birth so we're never alone. A person to share our life with so it can never be purposeless." She cheers, looking at him for conformation.

"Hm.. mates, like a friend?" He scratches his chin, still looking at her with light confusion.

She shakes her head. "No, more than that. It's not just a liking towards someone, it's a soul bond that is more powerful than anything. A love that is greater than anything and anyone between two humans who are perfect for one another." She says, watching his eyes slightly brighten.