(13) His Lips

A/N- (Hello everyone! This book hit number one in Narusasu and I wanna cry. Thank y'all so much for 9k and I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I hope y'all enjoy! Btw, this will be LONG!)
_________________________

~Sasukes POV~

I force a smile as my eyes connect with green.

A warm smile settles on her face as she stares at me, her eyes crinkling slightly as she does. I would almost feel calm if it weren't for the presence next to her.

I feel the lavender eyes scan me as we sit at the table, analyzing me as if I will give something away.

I hope I don't..

The shirt I wear feels as if it's too tight, like it's a hand slowly closing around my neck, restricting any possible air supply.

I can't breath..

I can't breath under her gaze but I must keep my composure. I can't give off any hint that her presence affects me, it will only make her even more suspicious.

'She can't know more than she already does. No one can..' I silently remind myself, my mind drifting to a certain blonde as I do.

I hadn't spoken to him since yesterday when it all took place, I couldn't. I had no explanation I could give as to why I acted the way I did, and there was no lie I could think of at the moment.

He hadn't called.

Maybe it was because he wanted to give me space, or maybe it was because he truly didn't care, but it didn't matter. What mattered was that it bought me time, it bought me time to do the thing I hated most in the world.

Lying to him..

It was so tempting.. so tempting just to let him find out. It would be so easy, and it could finally be over. It could all finally be over with just two words.

'Help me.'

But I was too scared of Suna, of what he would do to me if he knew I even thought such selfish things. If he knew I actually thought of leaving him.

'You would loose.' The voice says- his voice. It's always been his voice that reminded me after all..

'He'll never choose you.' It continues, the tone becoming more vicious with every word.

'Im all you have.'

'You need me.'

'He doesn't want you.'

'I'll kill you.'

They repeat it over and over again, never completely going away despite me trying to shut them out. They're always there, eclipsing my hope as fast as it comes.

I can never truly escape them, him..

"Sasuke." His voice calls, but I look down so I don't have to see.

"Sasuke." He repeats, but I only clench my fist in response. His voice burns, it burns me so badly..

"Sasuke!" He yells, and I finally look back up. My eyes connect with lavender as I'm brought back to reality, quickly realizing that I was only trapped in my thoughts.

He's always reminding me of the truth, even when we're apart..

"Are you okay, you zoned out for a sec." Hinata says with a concerned look. I look down in embarrassment and slowly nod my head, my hair hiding my face as I do.