(24) One Last Moment

A/N- (ATTENTION! As y'all know it's been a while since I've updated this book so please read the next chapter for info.)
__________________________

~Author's POV~

There had always been something different about Naruto.

From the moment Asuka laid his eyes on the blonde he knew this. The way Naruto carried himself, the secret kindness in his eyes, and the way the man was so consistently selfless.

It was so different.

Everybody was selfish deep down, that was something the boy had learned early on. Weather they showed it proudly, or tried to cover it up with an innocent facade, they were all the same non the less.

Naruto wasn't though.

Asuka had met the blonde at an office meeting where he was the other company's secretary, and it was there that he had immediately known he wanted the man to be his.

He saw how genuine Naruto was, which is something he knew he lacked. And he saw how much the blonde cared for other people, including his best friend.

Naruto hadn't looked twice in Asuka's direction, but Suna had. It was rare for someone not to have interest in Asuka so he wasn't surprised, but he also wasn't blind on how he could use this to his advantage.

He wanted to use Suna to get Naruto, but it didn't work. It baffled the boy how how little effect he had on the man, how no matter what he did Naruto wouldn't choose to be selfish.

He had only chosen to be selfish with Sasuke..

In all of Asuka's years knowing him he hadn't seen Naruto be selfish. He had never seen the man want something all to himself.

Until now.

It struck jealousy in him like no other when he found out Sasuke had done what Asuka failed to do. He hated the fact that Sasuke had such a power over the blonde.

He didn't understand what the raven had that he didn't.

Sasuke was beautiful there was no denying that, but he didn't seem to know that. He didn't even know how to use his damn looks to his advantage like Asuka did.

He didn't seem to hold any power.

Sasuke was sweet though. And as much as Asuke hated to admit it, that was the one thing the man had misjudged about him. It was the one thing Sasuke had over him.

After all Asuka had done, Sasuke still didn't look at the man with hate or malice. He just looked at Asuke as if he though he deserved it.

As if he was just broken.

Sasuke was sweet, too sweet, and it made Suna turn him this way. It made Suna beat him till his skin was stained and his mind was crumbled.

Naruto had saved him.. and Asuke hadn't realized that until he saw the raven balled up on the couch begging.

It wasn't until then that Asuke realized Sasuke was Narutos mate.

And that in this moment weather he chose to be selfless or selfish could change everything..

(2 hours later)