Chapter Sixty

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT THAT MAY MAKE SOME READERS UNCOMFORTABLE!

Draco paused, and I could tell he hadn't expected me to respond the way I had.

He chuckled, and his breath tickled my skin as he did so. "Well, that changes things," he murmured, his voice sounding oddly flustered.

"All right, here's what we're going to do," Lucius's voice arose from across the table, and Draco pulled away from me, turning to face his father expectantly, his expression showing no evidence of what had just gone on between the two of us.

I fixed my expression into one similar to his, mixing in polite respect as well, just for good measure. It was a miracle that I could even compose myself to look polite; my heart was hammering in my chest, and my legs felt weak, my awareness all too focused on how close Draco's fingers were to me.

"Narcissa and I just made a schedule for the next week, which you can take up to Draco's room. Every time you wish to leave the room, check this schedule to see if it's safe. Understood?" Lucius said to me as Narcissa slid a sheet of paper across the table.

Draco reached for the paper, nodding toward his father to show he understood.

"Yes, sir," I responded respectfully, peering at the paper over Draco's shoulder. He stiffened as I leaned into his shoulder, and his fingers tightened around my upper thigh. It took all I had not to gasp aloud.

"All right. That's all for now, but if we think of something else we wish to share with you, we'll send a house-elf to collect you," Narcissa said to us, glancing at a grandfather clock across the room and turning nervously toward her husband. "Lucius, the time...."

"I know, my dear," Lucius nodded, looking momentarily flustered. "Return to your room now, and don't leave without adhering to the schedule."

"Yes, Father," Draco nodded, swiftly going to stand up.

My thigh felt cold as his hand disappeared from my skin, and he pulled my chair out for me, allowing me room to stand. I got up shakily, unaware of how weak my legs had gotten.

Draco must have noticed, because he offered me his arm, which I took gratefully.

I heard Narcissa sigh appreciatively before murmuring, "Such a gentleman," in response to Draco's considerate behavior toward me.

Draco smiled dazzlingly back at his mother, and then the two of us exited the drawing room.

As soon as we were out of earshot, Draco yanked me toward him, gripping the back of my neck with his hand and bringing his lips down onto mine. His breathing was ragged as his lips moved passionately against mine, and I couldn't help but collapse into him.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, holding me up all on his own. I entwined my arms around his neck, holding myself closer to him as his tongue pushed into my mouth. I let out a small moan, and he grinned, suddenly releasing me and pulling away, keeping one arm on my back as he ducked down to sweep me off my feet.

I gasped in shock as he brought me up to his chest, holding me bridal style, and he grinned radiantly down at me, leaning into my neck to whisper, "I'll make sure there're no interruptions this time."

A tingle ran down my entire body, and I giggled, clutching the collar of his shirt to bring my lips to his. He chuckled, kissing me back eagerly before pulling away, starting back down the hallway and up the stairs.

It felt like it had taken ages to finally get back to his room, but as soon as Draco shut the door behind him with his foot, his lips were on mine again.