Chapter 24: Out of Cover

Intro:

Hey, all welcome back to the most anticipated story on the internet lol. Quick intro this time but thank you guys so much for the view explosion lately. Last month was an amazing time for views and this month looks to be on that or even higher than that level so seriously thank you, guys. Just a reminder you can also find this story on AO3 (Authors of Our Own), Wattpad, and Quotev. All of these sites have gathered their own following and there are NO advantages to these sites it's just for preference they are updated at the same time! With that out of the way let's pick up with our characters in this world I have stolen/created!

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Guide:

Bolded Italics: Speaking to Audience or Out of Time

Regular Italics: Thoughts

COF: Character(s) of Focus

Pastoria City, Sinnoh

Barry Platinum

12 pm

"Just a little further man, come on," Barry said, helping Lucas walk.

Lucas had passed out from pain during the flight to Pastoria. Barry had tried to keep his spirits up by continuing to talk to him as if he was awake. But deep down, he was terrified that something permanent may have happened to Lucas. Barry was not one to voice his fears, he was the type of guy to always maintain his normal overly hyper personality.

Most people found Barry to be annoying because of this aspect but Barry had done it because he feared that his personality was the only thing that made him unique. With his dad being the very best of the Battle Frontier, Barry always found himself being compared to his dad. Deep down he hated it, he hated how everyone just saw him as the second coming of his dad. The main reason he wanted to become a pokemon trainer was to carve his own legacy and prove that he wasn't a carbon copy of Palmer.

"Damn Lucas, you gained some weight during your journey," Barry huffed as he walked into the hospital with Lucas.

The nurses took Lucas in for evaluation. Barry sat in the waiting room for an hour before someone came up to him.

"Excuse me?" The doctor asked.

"Yes," Barry said, standing up.

"I'm Dr. Wyatt, you must be the one who brought my patient in," Dr. Wyatt said.

"Yes, thank you for seeing him," Barry said.

"Of course now I just need to ask some questions about Mr. Diamond if that's okay?" Dr. Wyatt asked.

"I'll see what I can do, hit me doc," Barry said with a smile, trying to maintain a feeling of happiness.

"Okay then...where is he from?" Dr. Wyatt asked.

"Um we're from Twinleaf Town in Southern Sinnoh," Barry said.

"Okay, does Lucas have any known illnesses?" Dr. Wyatt asked.

"No not that I know off, I called his mom she should be here either later tonight or tomorrow," Barry said.

"Okay and what exactly happened to him?" Dr. Wyatt asked.

"You don't wanna know...just know it was something regarding Team Galactic," Barry said.

"Okay and I'll need your name for the report," Dr. Wyatt said.