Chapter 30: Aftermath

Intro:

Welcome back y'all sorry about last week, midterms for my summer semester proved to be tougher than I thought so studying took up my time. We are back and I want to extend a shoutout to Havocnova and his fic Pokemon! Discord Version, it's a youtube fanfic with a horror tone to it. Very creative and fun to follow along so go check him out! We are finally at chapter 30 and we have come a long way. When I first started this story I had no plans of it going this far but here we are and we aren't even past the 5th gym yet. No more distractions let's get right into it!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Pokemon in any way. This is just a fanfiction. Please support the creators by buying and playing Pokemon Platinum Version wherever sold in your respective region.

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Guide:

Regular Italics: Thoughts

Bolded Italics: Speaking to the Audience or Out of Time

COF: Character(s) or Focus

Fireteams suppressed the fire with sand, killing the rest of the flames. During the fire, fireteams confirmed that the bombs used to start the fire were covered in petrol water would have made the fire even worse. Medics arrived on the scene to treat anyone affected by the smoke and soot put into the air. The panic had finally calmed down, IP agents arrived on the scene to investigate Team Galactic in the area. Unfortunately, any evidence they could have used was burned away. This was an intentional explosion, even though Mike had triggered it early the plan was to always burn down the building.

Pastoria City, Sinnoh

Barry Platinum

"Okay, Mr. Platinum almost finished," Dr. Wyatt said, applying medical tape to Barry's hands.

"Anything permanent?" Barry asked.

"You suffered burns on your palms probably from lifting that piece of debris, you'll have scars on them unfortunately they will be permanent," Dr. Wyatt said.

"Just scars I'll live, I can still throw a Pokeball right?" Barry asked.

"Oh yes definitely," Dr. Wyatt said.

"All that matters," Barry said, looking over at Jade.

"How's Jade?" Barry asked.

"She's fine, a couple bruises nothing too serious, you saved her life, good work kid. You and your friend both get into trouble don't ya?" Dr. Wyatt chuckled.

"Hey don't worry I'm already fining him...like he cares," Barry laughed.

"You too, running into a burning building, takes a serious pair," Dr. Wyatt said.

Barry agreed, he couldn't explain what happened. His legs just ran without him thinking, by the time he realized what was happening he heard Jade screaming and that kickstarted what he liked to call the "Heroic Instinct". With this he also didn't seem to care about the massive burn damage on his hands all he cared about was saving Jade. When he did he felt so happy for himself, happiness only matched by battling and training, he felt like he impacted someone's life.

"Is this where I'm supposed to fine you?" Lucas said, walking in.

"Nah that's my job still also that's 7 million for having me lug your passed-out ass here," Barry laughed.

"Yeah yeah, how are you feeling?" Lucas asked.

"Fine, the doctor said I would have permanent burn scars," Barry said, looking at his hands.