Chapter 3: Leaving Home

Introduction:

Hey all so I just want to say thanks again we are up to 65 views and wow I am stunned I didn't think people would care about this but hey here we are. So here is chapter 3. I hope y'all like it I wanna try to keep the intros short and sweet so whoever does stop to read these stupid things can get right into the chapter. ENJOY!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own pokemon in any way, this is just a fanfiction. Please support the creators by buying and playing Pokemon Platinum Version wherever sold in your respective area.

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Guide:

Bolded Italics: Speaking to Audience or Out of Time

Regular Italics: Thoughts

COF: Character(s) of Focus

Chapter 3: Leaving Home

COF: Lucas Diamond

3 pm (Sunday Afternoon)

"Chimchar, use Scratch," Lucas commanded.

Chimchar scratched the wild Bidoof for the third time and then raced back to his trainer awaiting the next command. He was weak but determined. Lucas pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it at the wild Bidoof. He watched in anticipation as the Pokeball twitched three times and then stopped signaling that it had been captured. He added the wild Bidoof to his team along with a Starly he captured earlier. They were small but he felt that they could make a great addition.

"HA Gotcha," Lucas shouted happily.

"We're getting better at this buddy," Lucas said as he high-fived Chimchar.

Lucas reached into his backpack and pulled out his newly acquired Pokedex and started to ready the entry. The way it worked was whenever Lucas encountered a pokemon he took a photo of it and a new page was made about the pokemon stating its type and specific information relating to it.

"This thing is insane," Lucas said while reading the page.

"Yo Lucas," Barry said as he ran over to him.

"What's up," Lucas asked as he put the device away.

"So now that we have pokemon I thought it was time for me to tell you something," Barry said as he put his arm around Lucas.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, whenever Barry was going to tell him something it was either extremely stupid or extremely odd, it was a toss-up most times.

"What did you come up with now?" Lucas asked with a raised eyebrow.

"So you know Lake Verity?" Barry said with a grin.

"Yeah what about it?" Lucas asked.

"So apparently there is this legendary pokemon who has been there for centuries and we are gonna catch it," Barry said.

Barry went on about how the pokemon was extremely powerful and that no one has even come close to catching it before. The two walked to the lakefront where Barry pointed to a cave in the middle of the lake.

"You mean to tell me that we with our super under trainer basic pokemon are going to capture a legendary creature that has been roaming the earth for centuries?" Lucas asked.

"Well now that you put it like that......it sounds even more exciting," Barry said.

As Lucas and Barry walked more into the lakefront they noticed some new faces there, people they had never seen before. Before they were spotted they hid in the thick of some trees and listened to the conversation between what seemed to be a middle-aged man with blue hair and a man in normal clothing smoking.