Chapter 29: Barry Platinum

Intro:

DID YALL MISS ME! Seriously though, I am back and it was a really fun vacation. I know I said one week but the trip was longer than expected, and then when I got home I just wasn't ready to upload this chapter. it's a pretty important one so I didn't wanna rush it. With that being said short intro again let's hop back into Sinnoh but with Barry this time.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Pokemon in any way. This is just a fanfiction. Please support the creators by buying and playing Pokemon Platinum Version wherever sold in your respective region.

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Guide:

Regular Italics: Thoughts

Bolded Italics: Speaking to the Audience or Out of Time

COF: Character(s) or Focus

Pastoria City, Sinnoh

Barry Platinum

No way am I letting Lucas beat me!

Those words kept shifting around in Barry's head, the thought of beating Lucas gave him a rush. Sometimes he felt guilty for having such desires to beat his best friend but the competitive side in him made it impossible to push it away. The two boys kept racing, the city was in sight and neither of them had an advantage, Sierra and Star were on the same level when it came to speed. The two kept racing and racing until finally, someone got their first. Staraptor flew down and Barry got off, soaking in his victory.

Chapter 29: Barry Platinum

COF: Barry Platinum

"HAHA EAT IT LUCAS!" Barry shouted.

"Yeah yeah, you got lucky that time," Lucas chuckled.

"Just skill my friend, I'm full of it," Barry said.

"You sound like that Ethan guy," Lucas laughed.

"Oh don't say that if I become that obnoxious promise to kill me," Barry said.

"So I'll kill you now?" Lucas said.

"Shut up," Barry said.

The two boys wandered around Pastoria City, normally Barry would be the first to arrive at a new city. He would race right for the gym but right now he just wanted to take in the sights. At this point, Barry was so far from home he didn't recognize the places he was in. That feeling of homesickness was starting to seep inside him, he figured the best way to combat it was to slow down and find things to appreciate being so far away.

"How's your dad?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know man, I don't follow his life," Barry said a little coldly.

"...sorry, a sensitive thing I forgot," Lucas said.

Barry sat on a rock for a second, he had been doing a lot of thinking as of late, and the more he thought the more he hated being compared to Palmer. It wasn't that Barry didn't love and even admired his dad, he just couldn't stand being called a second coming or a specific nickname that he held so much disdain for.

"Sorry...just me and Professor Rowan had a little talk about it," Barry said.

"What did he say?" Lucas asked.